Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

I'm a new member to the forum, but have visited it as a guest over the last few months! I've been keeping up with the talk on the 1.4T and speculation about the 150ps engine being available in the UK. I've found out some new information from my dealership which I thought I'd share.

There are going to be a 2 new trim levels to the line up, called Red Edition and Black Edition. This model will feature the 1.4T 150ps engine (Euro 6).

The 'Order Bank' opened on 10th July (not too sure what this means - as there is no sign of these trim levels anywhere on the web), and is planning to go into production on the week of 24th August 2015.

6 speed, 0-62mph time of 8.9s and top speed of 129mph.

They come with VXR styling pack, 17inch gloss back diamond cut alloys, LED drl's, Dark tinted rear windows, Chrome exhaust, A/C, bluetooth, cruise control, intellilink...

List price - £16995.

I hope this makes for interesting reading for some of you,

Regards,
AP

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
At 17k I would much rather get the VXR.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It has been available in Europe for a while now. No way is it worth that money as it is just a remapped version of the 1.4T already in my LE. That 150PS map should have been available as a cost option on the LE anyway. Would get a VXR for not much more and would only cost a few hundred £ to have mine mapped to 150-160PS anyway.

·
Registered
961 Posts
So its effectively an LE gong by the spec list on the link, but tuned to 150 brake and featuring smaller versions of the wheels found on the GTC.

The only thing I'd want off that is the wheels and I'm guessing they don't come in 4 stud.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
They will probably be 4 stud as my 1.4T LE is 4 stud and those wheels are the same as fitted to the colour edition 1.4T Opel E's 150PS versions. Mind you, maybe they made them 5 stud so that is the key thing you can get if you pay £2K more than an LE which they basically are! ;-)

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
They will probably be 4 stud as my 1.4T LE is 4 stud and those wheels are the same as fitted to the colour edition 1.4T Opel E's 150PS versions. Mind you, maybe they made them 5 stud so that is the key thing you can get if you pay £2K more than an LE which they basically are! ;-)
I thought there would be a nut in each of the 5 sections of that wheel hence 5 stud.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The red and black editions are now showing up on the configurator, along with the other MY16 changes. :D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I couldn't deselect it when I tried! Interesting! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts