Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,

I'm used to having a CD player in my car and I obviously got the intellilink system, nevertheless I don't have all my music on my phone - I believe he suggested it would work plugging my phone in via USB however what was to happen par se if I plugged a USB stick with music on directly into the USB port, he did suggest something with different audio file formats.

Not sure if this would work but I'd be keen to have that instead of everything on my IPhone.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That would work. It's actually part of its intended use.

My dealers show room had a corsa with a memory stick full of music plugged in, to show off the intellilink.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
That would work. It's actually part of its intended use.

My dealers show room had a corsa with a memory stick full of music plugged in, to show off the intellilink.
Ah that's great, that's what I wished to know - was going to put my music in folders on a 64GB usb rather than clogging my phone up with other files.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not 100% on what formats it accepts though, obviously MP3/MP4, WAV and probably video formats too, AVI, MPEG etc.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Good Lord, how much music do you have? ;-) I've got 80 albums on my phone at any one time (of 400 CD's at home) and it only takes up a few gig. My Nokia only has 32Gb too. Even doing 6 hour drives I barely touch on a fraction of those albums :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Good Lord, how much music do you have? ;-) I've got 80 albums on my phone at any one time (of 400 CD's at home) and it only takes up a few gig. My Nokia only has 32Gb too. Even doing 6 hour drives I barely touch on a fraction of those albums :)
:lol:
I have 10 days worth of music, and that's around 30gb and I've not added to that in a few years! So to fill 64GB is impressive, that or they're huge files :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LimeyUK said:
Not 100% on what formats it accepts though, obviously MP3/MP4, WAV and probably video formats too, AVI, MPEG etc.
I do believe he mentioned MP3,AVI,WAV but most of my music tends to be in MP3 so it's not too much of an issue. All of them tend to be 320Kbps quality so the files are above-average of a 128Kbps version.

mud4fun said:
A lot! I burned all my CD's so I could play them whenever but I probably will put a good 100-200 albums or so on it, guess a bit of variety for every occasion! I enjoy the radio but adverts and things do my head in, therefore the USB was/is going to be my saviour :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes all my CD's are copied onto the PC at home so we can play them on the media centre. I just copy a chunk of the albums to the phone every few weeks. In theory I can still comfortably fit 400 CD's onto my phone with room to spare. I wouldn't want to use a USB stick anyway as I use the USB port to charge the phone, which it needs if using the sat nav. Here+ is great sat nav app but seriously power hungry!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes all my CD's are copied onto the PC at home so we can play them on the media centre. I just copy a chunk of the albums to the phone every few weeks. In theory I can still comfortably fit 400 CD's onto my phone with room to spare. I wouldn't want to use a USB stick anyway as I use the USB port to charge the phone, which it needs if using the sat nav. Here+ is great sat nav app but seriously power hungry!!
I find the 12v slot charges the phone better - though I assume you have the cig lighter in that?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use a USB stick for my music, all organised in folders for easier navigation. I use the cig connection to charge my phone.

Remember you can steam all your music via bluetooth to the intellilink so you dont have to connect the phone directly. I found the bluetooth connection can drop sometimes though and be a little flaky as well as the volume being less. I have had no issues with a USB stick.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great stuff! What apps are there in regards to SatNav though as I'd rather utilise it to the best of its abilities, in which I'll have to swap the USB for the phone unfortunately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Matthew said:
Great stuff! What apps are there in regards to SatNav though as I'd rather utilise it to the best of its abilities, in which I'll have to swap the USB for the phone unfortunately.
It has the Bringgo Sat Nav app. You have to purchase it though. I think you get a month trial for 83p but you have to spend about £50 after a month to get the full app.

I'm trying to see if I can get the .apk for the app on Android via "other means", lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
92jas said:
Matthew said:
It has the Bringgo Sat Nav app. You have to purchase it though. I think you get a month trial for 83p but you have to spend about £50 after a month to get the full app.

I'm trying to see if I can get the .apk for the app on Android via "other means", lol.
For the sake of 50 pound the official tomtom app is cheaper than that, I'm sure.

Don't really fancy spending 50 on something I've never used and isn't too popular? surely there's more than just one app

·
Registered
179 Posts
Matthew said:
92jas said:
Matthew said:

For the sake of 50 pound the official tomtom app is cheaper than that, I'm sure.

Don't really fancy spending 50 on something I've never used and isn't too popular? surely there's more than just one app
Only bring connects to the intellilink though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Matthew said:
92jas said:
Matthew said:

There's only the one Sat Nav app that you can use on the IntelliLink System, which is BringGo.. There are two other apps which are TuneIn Radio and Stitcher (Stitcher is for podcasts, and it's a great app in my opinion). You could just get the TomTom app and use your phone for Sat Nav, though that seems like a waste when we have that nice big screen already in the car. I wish they had other apps by default :( I have the TomTom app already on my Android device, so I'll probably mount my phone up and use that for Sat Nav.. Still would of prefered it on the Intellilink System!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.