Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, very simple question, does anybody know if the USB still powers a plugged in device after the car is turned off, locked etc?

Basically I want to leave my iPhone permanently plugged in however I don't want it to end up draining my battery.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Webster said:
Hi, very simple question, does anybody know if the USB still powers a plugged in device after the car is turned off, locked etc?

Basically I want to leave my iPhone permanently plugged in however I don't want it to end up draining my battery.
It doesn't. Once the car is off, the USB is powerless and will not consume power. Just have a look for yourself. Pretty easy to test :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I wouldn't leave a phone in my car anyway, too tempting for somebody to smash a window to try and steal it!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I wouldn't leave a phone in my car anyway, too tempting for somebody to smash a window to try and steal it!
Funnily enough i was going to put that in my post.. Then i thought, meh.. if they haven't got the common sense to do that, then it will probably fall on deaf ears :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good, as the fault with my golf is that the power stays on the 12v whether it's on or off and I was going to plug my dash cam in via USB or whatnot so it stays in and I don't have to unplug and re plug it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts