Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some help from the more savvy amongst you on the use of a USB stick on my MY16 Corsa e 1.4 SE Turbo with infotainment system.

This is my first experience of storing and playing music from a USB stick in a car and the issue I have is that if I select an album to play it works perfectly for a few tracks then will start playing tracks from the first album on the stick (happens to be adele 21)

If I select an album surely it should just play tracks within that album?

Tried it on a few different albums with the same problem occurring.

I am using a Kingston Micro Traveller 32gb stick

Just over 1000 tracks on the stick (just under 7GB), approx. 50 albums in all.

File set up is currently - Folder named MUSIC with all songs stored separately within that folder BUT have also tried storing the songs within ARTIST NAME - ALBUM NAME.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im unsure why this is happening but no matter what album you select if it runs out of tracks it moves too the next unless you loop that album or select repeat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matthew said:
Im unsure why this is happening but no matter what album you select if it runs out of tracks it moves too the next unless you loop that album or select repeat
It's not actually running out of tracks, may play 3 or 4 tracks from an album of 15-20 tracks then jump to the first album on the stick, have also tried looping the album but still the same issue.

From what I can understand if you play a full album from start to finish, the display then reverts back to the main USB file structure menu (All songs, All Artists, Albums etc.)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Have you tried playing the USB on a computer?

Also, most people on here have just shoved all music in one folder as album browsing is dire.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I had all my music in one folder to start with, but when I tried to add more albums/folders, the whole lot disappeared! I had to start again but just put folders onto the flash drive individually. It works fine. Only thing that would be better is to have an album skip button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have many albums/folders on my USB and have no issues. I have added files and put back in the car with no issues. I am using an 8GB USB.

I know this doesn't help you but wanted to confirm it does work.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine jumps fom album to album, sometimes. I gave up on it and will use my ipod or my radio. It should be ok to play some favourite tracks on a long journey.

My main problem is most of my music is .m4a (apple proprietery) not .mp3 and .m4a will not play on a usb stick.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My music is split into hundreds of albums below a root folder called music. While the on screen menus work and I can navigate into different albums or artists etc and play whole albums I find it is far too distracting and I have to take my eyes off the road for too long. The steering wheel control doesn't skip albums so you have to scroll through thousands of tracks. It is rubbish. Mind you I have not experienced any issues of it playing only a few tracks and going back to start.

It was easier and safer to grab a CD and put it in the slot to play, something I could do by feel while keeping my eyes on the road in my last vehicle, my eyes only coming off the road for a second to put my fingers on the CD I wanted from the rack of them in the cubby box.

I now start an album playing before setting off and if it finishes during the drive I switch to radio. Most of my driving is at 60-70mph on motorway, you can travel an awful long way in the few seconds it takes to go in the menu and change album. Too dangerous and not helped by very low position of intellilink screen in dashboard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I've now bought a verbatim 16gb mini stick and appears to be working with no problems at the moment

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody looking for a suitable USB can I recommend a Kingston MiniDuo 64gig off Amazon for £15.53. Also works with an Android Phone Micro USB too!

No association with seller just a happy customer!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
silas184 said:
Anybody looking for a suitable USB can I recommend a Kingston MiniDuo 64gig off Amazon for £15.53. Also works with an Android Phone Micro USB too!

No association with seller just a happy customer!
A link would have proved useful :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts