Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I requested a new Corsa price and specification guide brochure, as I wanted to see exactly what features each spec has over the other (its much more detailed than the online stuff, configurators etc) and it gives you a full detailed list of standard equipment over the whole range then a table listing additional features, which spec has what extras and which ones don't. Anyway it has a section at the back for accessories and a price list which gives the "economy" floor mats as £27.00, where the Vauxhall Accessories site says they are £37 and that's what the local dealer wants too, sales with rubber mats, front pair £27.00, rear pair £22.00, where the Accessories site lists them at nearly £44.00 front and £42.00 rear and that's what the dealer quotes too. Its not even like its an old brochure, its dated 8th April 2015. Surely if the price listed in the brochure is cheaper they need to honour that?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks Hendry, very interesting to compare prices?

Have looked at my Corsa SE 5 Door and have found an interesting difference between the Vauxhall List Price and the Partners & Configuration List Prices as follows:

Partners & Configuration List Price: £12285.00
VX List Price: £11645.83
Difference of: £639.17

So how can this be right? found same difference with the 3 Door.

My vehicle price: £11495.83
Less VX Partner: -£574.79
Less voucher: -£166.66

Total basic price: £10754.38

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
now I think for the price we paid on the LE it should have included the VX-Line leather-covered flat-bottom steering wheel like on the sting-R
Or some sunglasses holders and a flippin cubby box! My pickup truck had far more usable storage including a massive cubby box and a glove box that could fit more than a stamp in it! ;-)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
my son has just got him self a 2008 Citron relay and that have more little storage compartment even the middle of the centre passengers seat turns into a desk and that is a builders van, not knocking the corsa its the same with all new cars they penny skimp and some of the smaller details that would make a big difference

·
Registered
203 Posts
anthony said:
now I think for the price we paid on the LE it should have included the VX-Line leather-covered flat-bottom steering wheel like on the sting-R
Totally agree! They made too many variations so each model loses out on something. Do you think you'd be able to get a VX-Line steering wheel to put it the LE?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
D3RV15H said:
anthony said:
Totally agree! They made too many variations so each model loses out on something. Do you think you'd be able to get a VX-Line steering wheel to put it the LE?
Agreed, I think its a bit pointless why they decided to make so many variations, although because they have made so many they've now forced themselves into a corner having to make each model have something the others don't to give them a selling point, although it doesn't make sense why the Sting R has the flat bottom steering wheel and Vx-Line leather gearknob and handbrake whilst sporty models like the LE and SRI VX-Line don't, are they thick, the clues in the SRi VX-Line name, yet its missing VX-Line features. They could still have gave the Sting R those features and included it in other specs too without impacting the selling point of the Sting R because its appeal is a cheaper still fairly nippy car with some sporting touches for those who want sportiness without the price tag of the LE etc..

I'm going to be honest I actually like the SRi steering wheel (the LE one is the same) but the perforated leather one would be nice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
hendry said:
D3RV15H said:
anthony said:
Agreed, I think its a bit pointless why they decided to make so many variations, although because they have made so many they've now forced themselves into a corner having to make each model have something the others don't to give them a selling point, although it doesn't make sense why the Sting R has the flat bottom steering wheel and Vx-Line leather gearknob and handbrake whilst sporty models like the LE and SRI VX-Line don't, are they thick, the clues in the SRi VX-Line name, yet its missing VX-Line features. They could still have gave the Sting R those features and included it in other specs too without impacting the selling point of the Sting R because its appeal is a cheaper still fairly nippy car with some sporting touches for those who want sportiness without the price tag of the LE etc..

I'm going to be honest I actually like the SRi steering wheel (the LE one is the same) but the perforated leather one would be nice.
Are they thick....lol! Yes....well, from our point of view. In reality it's probably because they're being smart/greedy! I do agree with this whole viewpoint. It is. Bit annoying when you see the extra bits that would be nice on other models, even though the LE is meant to be one of the 'better' models.

Don't get me wrong, I like the LE steering wheel...but yes, perforated, leather, flat bottom steering wheel would be a lovely piece to have :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.