Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I didn't want the intellink but sadly it was standard with the LE. I would have preferred a CD player/radio and monitor. As far as I'm aware there won't be any further development on intellink by GM. They are going to rely on Apple and google car play type apps to feed your phone apps to the in car screen. As there will be no support for windows phone the system is next to useless for me. I'm planning to swap in a decent stereo/monitor once I have the cash. It looks nice but is mostly useless without a big range of apps. I hear the same being said of all of these infotainment systems across all manufacturers so it is not just Vauxhall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mud4fun will you have marry it up to the new system that you put in? Do u know how take the unit out as I can't seem to find a video how to do it? I want the intelink system fitted. I am stage 2 for car expected 10th April hopefully sooner then a trip to Alnwick me thinks fish and chips

·
Registered
356 Posts
mud4fun said:
I didn't want the intellink but sadly it was standard with the LE. I would have preferred a CD player/radio and monitor. As far as I'm aware there won't be any further development on intellink by GM. They are going to rely on Apple and google car play type apps to feed your phone apps to the in car screen. As there will be no support for windows phone the system is next to useless for me. I'm planning to swap in a decent stereo/monitor once I have the cash. It looks nice but is mostly useless without a big range of apps. I hear the same being said of all of these infotainment systems across all manufacturers so it is not just Vauxhall.
My worry would be if you still have access to all the car menus if you swapped it over?

also the cost of the connect 2 kit for the adam is around £250 :shock:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The menus should still be available via the dash screen surely? I have not specified any extras on my car as I don't need them so I have no technical or light packs so can't see that I'd have too many issues living without the intellink. I will wait and see how I get on with the DAB radio. However I like my music, especially on my 3-4 hour commute to and from work so would prefer a decent stereo than a more or less useless gadget like the intellilink.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
what apps would people like ?

I'm quite happy with the system,the only other apps think it could have is google maps and co-pilot

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi Anthony, I have the Here+ sat nav app on my Nokia. It has free full European mapping loaded on the phone so no need for a data signal while moving. It has free updates, is easy to use and has a superb postcode/address lookup that even finds places when I've badly misspelt them. So I have no need or desire for the bringgo app. What I would like however is the ability to feed my phones sat nav display to a larger screen. My windows phone can do this when hooked up to a normal USB monitor, so that is what I'd want.

For when I'm away from home I'd like to be able to do email and web browsing on the larger dash mounted screen rather than use the phone.

I guess that my problem is not with the intellilink software but the hardware. A monitor would be better for me so I could simply hook the phone up and use all its feature through a larger screen.

I guess the intellink is just too 'Apple' biased at the moment. I hope that once windows 10 arrives with a single OS for all device types it will allow an intellink type system to be developed that could allow users to install whatever software they want. It should spell the start of the end of Apples dominance. :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
K.l.r said:
Mud4fun will you have marry it up to the new system that you put in? Do u know how take the unit out as I can't seem to find a video how to do it? I want the intelink system fitted. I am stage 2 for car expected 10th April hopefully sooner then a trip to Alnwick me thinks fish and chips
k.l.r, have you seen this video? it may be useful to you:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
just been looking at Youtube and it seems that most of the of the reviews on the IntelliLink have the dark screen not the white screen we get in the day time, i will be contacting VX tomorrow to see if there is any setting where we can have the night times screen without the lights on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts