Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I would give everyone the heads up, was meant to be picking up my Vauxhall Corsa SRI 1.2 tomorrow but got a horrible phone call today.

All the 2015/16 Corsa's are being called back as there is an issue with the gears and power assisted steering, this means my car is sitting at Marshall Vauxhall in Knebworth and I am unable to collect it :cry:

They are letting all the garages know by the 14th August what the issue is.

I hope this is sorted out and no other issues are going to long out me getting my car.

Matt

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good date cause that means that my new car will have had it fixed before it is even made! (Thank heavens).

Do you have any details about this because I've not heard anything.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Odd, they did a recall last year to fix the power steering on the D's!

I've not heard anything. I assume if yours is a 1.2 it will be the 5 speed box? mines the 6 speed and I've had no problems with it so don't really want them going anywhere near it!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Tempa thanks for the advanced notice will keep an eye open for any recall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy mentioned it was the gearbox and power assisted steering.

Ye mud4fun it is the 5 speed box but apparently the guy was saying it's on all models of the 2015/2016 versions.

He was also saying that the letters will be sent out next Friday asking everyone to ring there local Vauxhall dealership to book a date to get it checked out.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Well I've now done a trouble free 9K miles so can't imagine what the fault could be. Can't be inside the gearbox as I can't see them replacing 100K gearboxes on a recall ;-)

I'm guessing it'll be something trivial like a shakeproof washer being missed off on assembly that could cause a nut to work loose. Gonna be something daft like that.

Curious to see what it is!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
i have the 5 speed maybe they will replace it with a 6 speed ;)
:mrgreen:

I thought you had the 1.4T LE Anthony. Was the capital edition only available on the 1.4na?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
no turbo in mine, the amount of miles i do not really required, yes i think the capital was only 1.4na. its just a nice town car

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ah right, yes can imagine you don't get much opportunity to make use of the turbo in London traffic!

·
Registered
342 Posts
What was the problem with the power steering on the corsa D for it to be recalled

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
No idea as I didn't have a D but it was all over the media last year. Many of these recalls are blown out of all proportion. Most new cars I've had have had recalls including my Mazda, Mitsubishi and Toyota pickup trucks. Often just to check things like a bolt has been tightened up where they've found a certain number of cars with a consistent fault.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The vx dealership I got my 1.4 T from is becoming my second home lol with all the issues I've had and my steering column makes a slight creaking noise when turning the wheel but I'm hoping that's just newness

·
Registered
50 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
The vx dealership I got my 1.4 T from is becoming my second home lol with all the issues I've had and my steering column makes a slight creaking noise when turning the wheel but I'm hoping that's just newness
Mine does this sometimes too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They didn't go into detail on the phone about the issue but will in the letter.

I'm just frustrated as it's my first car and could of been driving today

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I suspect the recall is probably just one specific build line rather than a Total Recall.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts