Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with getting their car serviced by vauxhall? This is the first time I've got a brand new car so I'm not too sure on this type of stuff. They've contacted me offering me a service plan at £15 per month for 3 years which is how long the pcp is. Alternatively if I were to get it serviced elsewhere for cheaper would this void the warranty? Help please! :?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I took the service plan out. It works out more expensive than just taking it in to a VX dealership when you need to BUT I wanted the fixed monthly payments rather than facing a big bill in any given month. I've never taken a service plan out before but in this case £15 a month was fine and easily budgeted for.

I don't believe VX can legally insist that you have it serviced by them since the block exemption rules were lifted years ago. You need to check though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate. I'll ring them. I know for a fact I can get it cheaper by taking it somewhere else and getting it stamped. I was also thinking of getting a decent air filter put in but I heard this would defo void the warranty

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I took out a similar plan for the Ibiza nearly 4 years ago - it was nice to take her in for servicing knowing that it was already paid for! Will definitely take up the Vx one when I eventually get my Corsa!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's only void if they use non vx parts they only problem with taking it to another garage how do you no they have used or not used genuine parts that's why I took out theVX plan. That way I'm 100% sure the proper parts are used if not then it's down to them

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I agree Anthony. I work in the motor trade and the VX dealers have to fit genuine parts as a condition of their franchise. The independents don't. They'll fit the cheapest parts they can find which are often Chinese or Indian made junk. They'll get the parts in at 50% less than VX and charge you 10% less so you think you have a bargain until you die because the brake pads fail. Even on my old Land Rover I fit Mintex shoes which are twice the price of Chinese made shoes BUT they stop quickly, quietly and consistently, the Chinese shoes don't! If you have a good local garage that you trust, as we do, then not so much of a problem but many independents use poor quality parts to achieve their low prices.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I got my car from Arnold Clark who do their own service plan, but it covers manufacturer servicing and genuine parts at any of their Vauxhall dealers, £279 for 2 years so 2 services but its included in my finance, so I basically pay a few quid on top of the payment for the car, only took 2 years as by the time the third service is due the car will be out of warranty and I can take it to someone I trust to do it properly and use genuine parts still, replace all filters and do things the dealer won't like take the wheels off and grease the hub mounting faces, clean the brakes, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got vw service plan when I got my polo last year paying 15.99 a month for 2 years for 3 years service and with me a getting a new corsa they are refusing to cancel I been in contact with legal advise financial ombudsmen and the fla but vw are standing by there decision I am deadend at minute I have gone back to
Legal advise sent them an email see what they advise me to do. I think all I can do is just pay the last year off. I have got polo booked in for service for Monday I might aswell I paying for it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys, I guess it makes sense to get the service plan. Although I did just remember that when I first ordered the car from the dealer, the salesman told me to delay the first service by a week or two so that has a knock on effect and when I return the car in March 2018 the third service wouldn't be due til April. So I'd be only giving it two services instead of three. I'm just thinking if I did that they'd probably sting me for the payment when I return the car.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm so impressed with my Corsa that in 3 years time I will either keep it or get another one so the service plan slightly overrunning wouldn't be an issue.

Just think, if the VW salesmen had not been so rude I would probably be driving a Polo or Golf right now. I would never have made the visit to the VX dealer. As it happens I walked into the VX showroom, saw the LE and fell in love with it and now VX may have gained a customer for many years to come! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my previous car (astra) I had the 3 years service plan and It has been serviced for 2 years, when I got the corsa I had 10 moths left from previous plan which they been added to the new service plan for corsa, now I pay £12.70/mth for the next 3 years. As for my experience with servicing the car was like a drive through, got in and in 1 h drove off, nice thing is that the dealer gives you a phone call 2 weeks before to arrange an appointment when your car service is due. Fingers cross to not change :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
On my Corsa D I owned (2013) I was told if you get the vehicle serviced elsewhere it voids your warrenty, same rules apply if you don't get it serviced before the defined service intervals (20,000 miles on corsas or when your oil life indicator hits 0%).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.