Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, can any of you remember how long after your scheduled build date you got an email to confirm the status as being changed to step 2?

I got an email a month ago that said 'your car now has a confirmed build week, scheduled for 27 February 2015'

We are now on the 9th March and the tracking system has not been updated. :(

I'm getting impatient and would like to see that the car has actually been built considering that it was due for delivery in two weeks time.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would have been pesteting the life out of the dealer if that was me, lol! I am really no good at being patient!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had an email Sat giving me a update on the progress from the dealer informing me that the car would be there at the very end of March. So I checked track my vauxhall again and the arrival time had changed from the 10th April to the 17th April. So I emailed the dealer again and told him this and he is pretty confident that the car will be there at the end of march as Vauxhall will want the car in March's figures and that the factory is working 24hrs until the end of March.

So we will see! Waiting isn't my strong point :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm waiting for a call back from the dealer. Yes I'm impatient but also getting concerned. One of the reasons we ordered the new car back in January was so that we would have it before May which is when we will need to put our ten year old Mazda pickup truck in for its MOT and which we know will cost us £1500 in work (injectors need replacing as they've finally died at 260K miles as has the head gasket which is weeping oil and numerous other items including brake lines and most worrying is the horrible rumble from the main bearings) The last thing we need is for the new car to be delayed so long that we need to pay out on the old truck too! :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im in the same boat. My build date was 15th Jan and didn't have any update what so ever until 24th Feb when it updated to stage two. 13 days later still no sign of delivery, original delivery date was expected 6th March, once it reached stage two updated to 13th March then last week updated to 20th March. Cant physically understand how it can take a month to deliver a car that's already built I know of people who have received their cars with build dates later than mine. If the dealer say to me one more time "no update yet, were in the hands of the system" I will injure him :lol:

G

·
My scheduled build was 15th Jan with del date 13th March, was updated to stage 2 on Sat 14th Feb with del date 6th March, was updated to stage 3 6 hours after dealer received car on 3rd March.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took a month from your build date before it updated to step 2?? Doesn't seem a very 'real time' tracking system? :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its a waste of time the dealer even told me its not entirely accurate but seeing as he's a waste of time too its the only thing I have to go by, wouldn't mind waiting if they would be honest with me but playing dumb isn't helping anyone especially when other peoples orders from same time have made delivery

G

·
This is a screen grab of my tracking page. I was notified of stage 2 on the 14th Feb and as I mentioned my dealer had the car 6 hours before they updated to stage 3 to say it was on its way.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me and mud4fun will be on a 65 plate by the time ours gets delivered :lol:

Had a reply from VX today:

"Thank you for your recent email to do with the delivery of your new vehicle.

I have spoken to our Marketing Department and have been advised that the vehicle is in the UK and will be delivered soon, I have also communicated this to the dealership who will be contacting you with an update.

The lead time provided to the dealership at the time of order was week 15, week commencing 06 April 20015. I can only assume there was some miscommunication between our Marketing Department and the Sales Team at the dealership.

Thank you again for contacting Vauxhall and allowing me to assist."

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good news! My wife spoke to the dealer today while I was out and he assured her that the car will be in the dealership by the end of March after he checked directly with VX. Also rather coincidentally my VX tracking status got updated to Step 2 today.... :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
mud4fun said:
Good news! My wife spoke to the dealer today while I was out and he assured her that the car will be in the dealership by the end of March after he checked directly with VX. Also rather coincidentally my VX tracking status got updated to Step 2 today.... :)
That is good news :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Carl, Step 1 was accompanied by an email stating build date of 27th Feb with a delivery 27th March.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
r0cketd0g, thanks. I'm relieved to know things are progressing. I'm getting really impatient now and excited :) 20 more days to wait though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
ceproctor said:
Just a quick question out of interest what date did you have at Stage 1. I have a date of 11th February 2015

Regards Carl
I have just got to Stage 2 12/03/2015 so hopefully not much longer to wait Carl

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone had this yet?

I've been tracking my car online for a bit, it got updated last Wednesday that it had been built on the 30th March to stage 2 with the "final quality checking "

The wierd thing is that its been showing estimated delivery of the 17th April, but yesterday that date diappeared of the site and theres no mention now of a delivery date?

Anyone had this?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts