Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Excite 1.4 automatic. The parking assist beeper beeps madly whenever I turn on the ignition and it's driving me mad. The button is down by the gear stick, not on the dashboard. I can switch it off but it's a pain and I'd like to deactivate it completely. I can apparently do this according to the Infotainment manual by going into Vehicle Settings; problem is that that option is grey and unavailable. If I don't de-activate the park assist it beeps at me constantly when I'm driving - is that a fault? I think, after 40+ years of driving that I can manage to park a Corsa, so I want the nuclear option of totally zapping it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like you need to visit your dealer I would say

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Newowner said:
I have a new Excite 1.4 automatic. The parking assist beeper beeps madly whenever I turn on the ignition and it's driving me mad. The button is down by the gear stick, not on the dashboard. I can switch it off but it's a pain and I'd like to deactivate it completely. I can apparently do this according to the Infotainment manual by going into Vehicle Settings; problem is that that option is grey and unavailable. If I don't de-activate the park assist it beeps at me constantly when I'm driving - is that a fault? I think, after 40+ years of driving that I can manage to park a Corsa, so I want the nuclear option of totally zapping it!
Was that a factory fit? The button is supposed to be on the dash next to the infotainment screen with a P next to a square. Was it an accessory fitted later?

View attachment 30

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Why would you get parking assist if you don't want it anyway...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Some menus are only available with engine on, others with engine off. Try looking at menus with and without and see if the vehicle settings is unlocked, it does that on mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet you're right about the engine needing to be on for some settings - I'll have a go tomorrow. The park assist came with the vehicle as it was in the system and I accepted it so I could get it quickly; I certainly didn't order it. The button is down by the gear stick, not on the dashboard. I looked in the manual and there's no mention of the button like mine, so I rang the garage and the service dept. confirmed that certain configurations have the button near the gear stick.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Newowner said:
I bet you're right about the engine needing to be on for some settings - I'll have a go tomorrow. The park assist came with the vehicle as it was in the system and I accepted it so I could get it quickly; I certainly didn't order it. The button is down by the gear stick, not on the dashboard. I looked in the manual and there's no mention of the button like mine, so I rang the garage and the service dept. confirmed that certain configurations have the button near the gear stick.
Typical :lol:

Also, any settings regarding the vehicle itself can only be changed when it is on, the rest are usually something to do with intellilink or audio or something.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Newowner said:
my thinking is if its an aftermarket fit by the dealer it wont be accessible from vehicle settings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts