Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm just about to get my LE 1.4 turbo in 8 hours, as you can imagine very excited and going on a road trip when I get it, so wanted a view films for my little girl does it play AVI or MP4 files? Also do they still play when you are driving or do they cut off to just sound with me being able to view it? Wasn't sure till I get it. :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought it would any way of stopping it from cutting off then I could cover it some how so I can't see it, saves messing round with ipads. Put both formats of video on my usb so will find out shortly and let you know. Cheers

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd say you can't edit the settings on purpose, else everyone would leave it constantly on. Unforutunately it's hard-coded to this as far as I'm aware as legally it shouldn't be allowed to be modified. Unfortunately looks like the iPad is the way to go

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's an offence to drive with a video playing on such devices - an offence you get penalised heavily for.

It's all handled by the Handbrake, when the handbrake is on, movies will be allowed to play, when its off they won't. I'd suggest sticking with the iPads.

You can get pretty decent cases that go on the headrest on the seats for iPads.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's not on the handbrake as I was curious so I did a couple of tests. Think it is to do with speed as even with handbrake down it will still play up to around 15mph - so stuck in slow moving traffic it will still play! If moving faster then that the screen goes black but audio still plays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is AVI format only, from what I tried today for anyone who needs to know for future reference. I know its illegal but thats if the driver can see it, I was going to see what I could knock up to cover it when driving. It is something that is linked up to the speed of the car, I work for Guy Salmon Land Rover/Jaquar all our vehicles have them on, so will ask one of our techs if they know it is possible to turn it off, seems a shame to not use it for passengers, if I can cover it from my view

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got new corsa, tried also AVI and MP4 as stated in the book, using an hp USB stick, plays all music fine, but when i click on video files i get a message saying "UNSUPPORTED MEDIA fORMAT" sorry to put this on this thread, yet to figure out how to post my own, any advice on that or this be grateful..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts