Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops! That subject makes it sound a bit dodgy! :lol: I decided that I need to go and see a new Corsa and hopefully get a test drive while I'm there! I have had enough admiring the white LE in the carpark at work - I want to drive one to see how they have improved since the D.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I did something like that - went for look see and 2 weeks later took delivery. have had for 3 weeks now & loving every minute of it. Best of luck, looking forward to your photos ??

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hope it all goes well and we see more of you and your new Corsa ;-)

Ian

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha! Hubby doesn't want to change the car but I haven't told him about the dab radio yet. My grown up kids always moan how uncomfortable my sports seats are too! We shall see. No harm in looking is there?!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am back! Had fun taking out a 1.4 LE and a 1.4t SRI vxrline. The first was faster than I expected but the 1.4t just flew! Would still need to try the 1.0t before deciding, but don't think i will get enough part ex to make it worth it. Partners programme would get almost £1100 off. Yes, the new Corsa was lovely, much quieter and more comfortable than my Ibiza, but I may be better off waiting a while.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi LeachIE, both of those models you drove have the sports chassis. If you get chance try the comfort chassis, it sits higher and has softer suspension. I preferred the sports myself as it was still more comfortable than my pickup truck :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's true, I hadn't thought about that! I thought the LE was much more comfortable over speed humps than my Ibiza though and even forgot it had sports suspension. The LE demo was in pepperdust and it was so nice in real life, nothing like the website, lol!

The dealer phoned me back, and as I thought, I won't get that great a deal on mine as they sell them through trade rather than put them on the forecourt. While he was on the phone, I asked about delivery times and he said either the 1.0t 115 or the 1.4t would be factory orders and I am looking at a 2 months wait. Still undecided though. I guess I should try the 1.0t and the comfort chassis before I decide what to do. Trouble is they don't have much choice to test drive.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
How did you find the seats? For me they weren't quite as nice as my pickup truck in which I've driven non stop for 6 hours and felt fine however they were more comfortable than my friends BMW!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The LE was more comfortable than the vxline, but again, I didn't take into account that they weren't the comfort seats. The problem I have with the Ibiza seats is that the bolsters on the sides of the seat base sometimes make it hard for me to get out. I'm only just over 5ft with little legs, lol! :oops:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
the limited edition comes with a very hard lowered suspension so real in the bum on speed bumps, but the seats are very comfortable

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
liverpaul said:
Come over to southampton they have loads to drive or tweet them at doves vauxhall. They reply almost instantly.
I wouldn't feel comfortable test driving a new car on roads I don't know! That area in Southampton you showed in your video scares me to death with all those lanes, lol! Plus, ferry isn't cheap and would cost me too much just to go and look.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anthony said:
the limited edition comes with a very hard lowered suspension so real in the bum on speed bumps, but the seats are very comfortable
The 5dr LE that I drove felt better over speed bumps than my car. I actually forgot it was an LE, lol! I purposely drove back to the estate where I live as we have two types of speed bumps I wanted to try. One thing I didn't like about the SRi was the back of the seat had lumbar support in the wrong place for me. At least that's what I thought it was. Not very comfortable at all.

I was pleasantly surprised by the non turbo 1.4, but when I tried the 1.4 turbo it was brilliantly fast! Felt quicker than my Ibiza. Not having tried the 1.0t yet, I think it may well feel a little too fast, lol!

Anyone driven both the 1.4t and 1.0t? How did they compare? Just wondering if the 1.0t is really worth that extra £800!

G

·
I think the seats in the E are comfier than the D, my black edition D had quite hard sports seats but I have found my vx-line seats are far more comfy. Haven't driven the 1.0T but just bear in mind it's not just an extra £800, it is a higher insurance group than the 1.4T but depending on which model you go for it is cheaper on road tax.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interestingly, I got quotes for both engines from my insurance company and the 1.4t would actually be slightly more expensive than the 1.0t!

G

·
That is interesting, my 1.4T vx-line is cheaper than my previous 1.4T black edition and according to Parkersburg website the BE was group 13 and my VX is group 10, they listed the 1.0T 115ps (vx-line) as group 13, the SRI 1.0T is 90ps so that could be why it comes in cheaper.

·
Registered
501 Posts
does your vx-line have stop/start? the reason its cheaper is the BE ( black Edition ) have the same engine as the 1,4t in the corsa E. mines a sri 1.4t sri 100bhp but regal said a remap puts it on par with the BE at around 160 -180 BHP, all standard parts aswell. corsa-d.co.uk has 3 I think running it and one claims to go over 200bhp. my dealer confirmed we have a 1.4 vvt turbo which make it better then the BE 1.4 turbo. either way im excited to get it done.

also I know you cant come over each but on facebook doves vuaxhall have there own car called the doves corsa at 8995

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I checked out the Dove Corsa but it doesn't have the extras i would like. I did a search and found a 5dr 1.4t SE for £12595! Did they give you a good deal for your part ex? Do they do 0% finance too do you know?

G

·
Yes the vx-line has start/stop, the BE was 120ps standard so it is understandable that the vx-line is cheaper on insurance. At my age I'm happy enough with the engine as it is and just do some minor cosmetic changes at some point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts