Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you can voice dial in the Sting if you don't have the intellilink?

I have the symbol on the steering wheel but all I can get this to do is redial?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, you are no worse off than me even with the intellilink! All mine does is redial my wife every time I hit the dial button.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If I press and hold the button I get the call history on the screen in my sting

G

·
mud4fun said:
LOL, you are no worse off than me even with the intellilink! All mine does is redial my wife every time I hit the dial button.
Lol Ian, you sure your wife hasn't got hold of the secret menu code and programmed it that way :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
gkmorris said:
mud4fun said:
Lol Ian, you sure your wife hasn't got hold of the secret menu code and programmed it that way :D
I was beginning to think the same thing ;-)

Oddly enough, it does bring the phone list up if I hold the button but it still dials the last number anyway. I must be doing something wrong :-(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Your phone has to support voice recognition in order to voice dial, I believe there's also options for it in settings somewhere. Can't remember where I've seen it

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My windows phone supports voice dial just fine, it dials my mistress perfectly every time instead of my wife..... ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mine supposedly supports it, but I still get the message up on intelilink saying 'device does not support voice recognition'. I suspect that may be due to using the Bluetooth medium, and as such probably can't get the required info.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
mine does that and i don't even know her :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
mud4fun said:
mine does that and i don't even know her :lol:
:mrgreen:

Of course it could be that I'm being unfair to intellilink and it might actually be reading my mind and thinking that I would much rather talk to my wife than my boss....

Seriously though, all the button on the steering wheel seems to do for me is cause a redial of the last number dialled (actually it may be first number in the directory which happens to be my wife), I don't get any device not supported message, it goes to phone list, pops up the wife's number so the popup box appears and it auto dials it without warning and before I've even had a chance to say a name. How is it supposed to work?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Honestly can't remember how I attempted it :lol: will have to play around with it again when I get the chance. I think its on the phone screen, and I long pressed the phone key, not 100% sure though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm exactly the same Mud! It just asks redial yes or no? It doesn't prompt for voice dial at all

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
a1exb1 said:
Im having the same issue. It says "redial?" I have paired it via bluetooth to an iphone 6

Any way to sort this out?
It definitely works with an iPhone 6. I use it perfectly with mine.

I've never had it come up asking 'redial' either. I just long press the call button on the steering wheel, then the voice command dialog pops up and gives off a Siri tone.

Maybe you have Siri disabled on your iPhone?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
If I want yo try voice dialling, what it it expecting me to say? and what about contacts with 3 numbers?
You say whatever you would say to your phones P.A.

On iOS, Each number on a contact has a name, you say the contact and the name of the number, if you just say call contact, it will ask you what number.

So to Siri, you say 'Call [name] mobile' to call the number under 'Mobile' or for example, 'Call Bob Home' to call bobs home number.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
I'll try it, thanks. I have a feeling my phone is not capable though. (Galaxy Ace 4)
Don't think it is. I think only the most recent android phones are capable, even then I'm not sure! Before I swapped to iPhone, I had an LGG3 and it wasn't compatible despite it being a relatively new phone at the time.

The symbol on the steering wheel is actually, in fact, the CarPlay logo - so maybe it only works with iOS devices? :?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts