Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the vxr startling kit on a corsa e limited Edition if so can you post pics

·
Registered
961 Posts
The LE comes as standard with the VXR styling kit does it not?

OK so it looks nothing like an actual VXR but the spoiler, bumper extensions and side skirts on the LE are classed as the VXR styling kit.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes same bodykit as the SRi VX-line too AND it is the same as the one offered as an accessory. You can't buy the genuine VXR bumpers as accessories, plus the fact the bonnet is different anyway. You could probably buy the parts from the parts department but I dread to think of the cost!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pretty sure the true VXR body kit's wouldn't fit anyway!

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Pretty sure the true VXR body kit's wouldn't fit anyway!
If you swapped the full front and rear bumpers from a VXR they would fit, plus the skirts and spoiler would fit any 3 door straight off, but as mud says its be stupidly expensive, from memory I think a standard Astra H rear bumper was £400 from Vauxhall in primer so I'd assume the VXR one would be more than that, likely the Corsa one would be similar so your looking at £500, front bumper probably the same, that's £1000 already, spoiler likely about £250 in primer, skirts maybe £400, then youve got the front bumper fittings like the front fogs which were different on the D VXR from standard Ds, another £150 say, plus they needed different loom extensions which were about £50 each, then the front splitter say £100, lower grille probably £50, upper grille, the grille bar and badge could be £200 all told, that's £2250 before printing and labour/fitting, so all in you could be talking £3000 just to get it looking like a VXR, then youd need the bigger wheels to go with the kit, and all the stuff to convert to 5 stud to fit the wheels if you havent already got 5 stud.

Would definitely be cheaper just buying a VXR because all those parts aren't much cheaper 2nd hand.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Different bonnet on the VXR (E) too which means yet another part you'll need to buy to make it truly look like a VXR. You'd also need the new 'fake' air intake for the bonnet leading edge. Oh and the twin remus exhaust with its distinctive sound and probably a new engine because otherwise what is the point of having a car that looks like a quick car if it aint actually quick? ;-)

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Different bonnet on the VXR (E) too which means yet another part you'll need to buy to make it truly look like a VXR. You'd also need the new 'fake' air intake for the bonnet leading edge. Oh and the twin remus exhaust with its distinctive sound and probably a new engine because otherwise what is the point of having a car that looks like a quick car if it aint actually quick? ;-)
I agree as I totally take your point about having a remus which makes the car sound powerful when it wouldn't be, and also because why would you spend all that money making a slow car look like a fast one when itd be cheaper to just buy one that already looks like that and has the power to match for the same money, but at the same time I don't agree, when I was 18/19 people were all about making their cooking models look like the fast ones, for the sake of having a car that looked fast, me, I didn't care about power or speed, never have really providing its got adequate power for everyday driveability so like a 1.6 Astra because the 1.4 couldn't pull you out of bed, 1.4 206 because the 1.1 just had to be thrashed to get anywhere etc. I wanted mine to look like the GSi, or the GTi or the XR3i or whatever simply because I liked the look of them and thought they looked the best of all the models in the range of the particular car I owned, but then you could likely go to a scrappies and buy the complete kit in the right colour for pennies back then so its not really the same, but its like back then a lot of people also used to put stupid bodykits on their slow cars (nothing wrong with modifying a slow car IMO) and totally ruined the look of them, whilst others just added the sporty model kits, spoilers and bumpers which cost less and improved the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts