Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else here found any tuning parts for the VXR B16LER engine yet?

Ive not found anything and no idea if the older VXR parts would fit...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
No one else has a VXR here just yet. You might want to look at vxronline.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
No one else has a VXR here just yet. You might want to look at vxronline.
Cheers fella, ive been on there but theyre just shocked I already have a VXR to be honest...

Guess its early days

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
To be honest not many on here have really modified their E's. Many of us are probably concerned about warranty or insurance or just enjoying the lovely ride, handling and economy of the stock E's.

I'm leaving my 1.4T stock for at least a year before doing anything major. A remap will be done after that but probably just a factory one to 150PS as I'll hopefully have my VXR by then and will also be swapping the current diesel for big petrol V8 in my Land Rover so will have plenty of performance and noise elsewhere in my fleet :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so ive been in touch with Forge Motorsport about their Intake hoses and coolant hose kits for the Corsa D VXR. They at first said its a direct fit no problems but after sending a picture of the engine bay they soon said it wouldn't fit and haven't even heard of the Corsa E VXR :lol:

Providing them with a couple of pictures and may be going down there to do some possible fits and help them design new hoses etc.

For anyone interested, heres a picture of the engine bay in the VXR:
If theres any mechanics here, do you know what the connection is on the 90 degree bend, on the intake hose towards the manifold (as its not on the older A16LER or Z's).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is turning into a project build it seems very quickly although I hope not, I like having some money to myself :lol:

Car is booked in on Wednesday to have the windows tinted, not sure how black to go with them just yet, slightly darker than factory I think.

Forge Motorsport have sent me out a full set of Red coolant hoses, so I cant wait to get them fitted. (anyone know how easy/difficult they are to fit?)

And just waiting now on them to manufacture an Intake hose as they've been to Vauxhall to see the standard one.

Ive got a Pipercross panel filter arriving tomorrow also.

That's about it so far, along with the wind deflectors that were fitted today. Oh and set of blue valve caps, because why not :D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ghoman87 said:
This is turning into a project build it seems very quickly although I hope not, I like having some money to myself :lol:

Car is booked in on Wednesday to have the windows tinted, not sure how black to go with them just yet, slightly darker than factory I think.

Forge Motorsport have sent me out a full set of Red coolant hoses, so I cant wait to get them fitted. (anyone know how easy/difficult they are to fit?)

And just waiting now on them to manufacture an Intake hose as they've been to Vauxhall to see the standard one.

Ive got a Pipercross panel filter arriving tomorrow also.

That's about it so far, along with the wind deflectors that were fitted today. Oh and set of blue valve caps, because why not :D
The rear windows I guess? You should go limo black or dark smoke for the sides and then a shade lighter for the rear windscreen. Would look brilliant on the VXR

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ghoman87 said:
...Oh and set of blue valve caps, because why not :D
The VXRs I have seen have alloy TPMS stems with hex nut. If yours are alloy take great care if the blue caps are metal. Electrolytic corrosion is the biggest drawback.
Google "TPMS corrosion"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I am also having the same problem there seems to be info of the corsa e vxr on k&n website it's so frustrating lol want to hear some turbo chatter

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but do you have some black polystyrene behind your grill, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there that's all?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've already ordered a decat and silencer delete for my VXR and Airtec are wanting it for a custom intercooler. It's also getting mapped on 15th sept

·
Registered
13 Posts
cmartino said:
I've already ordered a decat and silencer delete for my VXR and Airtec are wanting it for a custom intercooler. It's also getting mapped on 15th sept
Won't the cat delete pipe through cell light on your dash, however it will sound ace and possibly spit some flames haha

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea it does bring a catalyst efficiency light on via the engine management however it doesn't limit performance and when it gets remapped that's deleted off so it won't come on anymore

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just because it isn't MOT'd for 3 years doesn't mean it won't be noticed. Especially if you're getting it serviced by a major garage.

Also, remember it's a public forum and anyone can see the posts. See here.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Deathdealeruk5 said:
Sweet, wot about mot, not that we have to worry about that for 3 years but I'm guessing that must be replaced for it?
Why turn one of the best cars available illegal and uninsurable for the sake of noise? Cats are a requirement for road use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
True I think I may jus go for a panel filter or a cone, for some turbo chatter noise
I have just sent an email to k&n to see if there are any applications in the pipeline for the E vxr so fingers crossed I'll hear soon

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That's the idea, (especially as you have published your personalised plates) though there must be some Opel mechanical engineers spent quite a few million and really proud of how quiet they have made the cabin whilst optimising the power and handling. Doubt if any street mechanic can improve on it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
That's the idea, (especially as you have published your personalised plates) though there must be some Opel mechanical engineers spent quite a few million and really proud of how quiet they have made the cabin whilst optimising the power and handling. Doubt if any street mechanic can improve on it.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts