Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Picked up my VXR on September 1st and have to say I have not been disappointed. The only downside is I've been back and fourth to Vauxhall 5-6 times with niggly bits. Had to have a new pedal box as there was a severe squeak on the clutch, was 3 hairline scratches accross the boot sill, the bonnet release sensor kept going off so had to have that realigned, now I've got the brakes squeeling like nobody's business and the discs have rusted already, is this normal considering it's only done 500 miles and had it 3 weeks?? The car itself is great though, I'm just on a mod hunt for it now. Would love to see that grill intake in the bonnet in Carbon Fibre but haven't found one yet.
Nice to meet everyone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Entirely depends on how you're treating it.

If you've not worn the brakes in gently then they will squeal like a pig. Also, the discs won't have rusted, they just look like they have from all the crap that's gone on them.

The clutch pedals are known to squeak, usually just needs a greasing, but if it's your actual clutch, then it was either damaged originally, or you've been abusing it like crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,
I've been driving it really careful, just to try and get the mpg going well on it. Ahh right, is there a solution to keeping this crap off them as I clean it regularly and like to keep every aspect of it looking immaculate.
The clutch squeak was with it as soon as I picked it up, I took it back the next day and they tried regreasing but the fault was still there so ended up replacing the pedal box the other day. It's been fine since though!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not much you can do with discs, can get brake disc cleaner if needed though. As soon as you drive it next though, the dust will be all over it again.

The clutch pedal squeak should have been a grease job, sounds like you got unlucky with that one!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discs will rust no matter what when they contact water. It's just surface rust which will go off the moment you start driving. I mostly notice them either the morning after washing the car, or after rain.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Discs will rust no matter what when they contact water. It's just surface rust which will go off the moment you start driving. I mostly notice them either the morning after washing the car, or after rain.
Indeed. It is quite alarming when you first see it - especially if you're not used to having visible discs.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The light rust is normal as said by many and it will not usually cause brake squeal. The cleaner you keep the wheels the more it happens especially if you use an acidic alloy cleaner. But its a good sign at least your disks are not greasy!
Standard treatment for pad squeal was always a smear of copper grease between pad and actuator by the dealer, and I Presume it still is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts