Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, this may sound odd... I go over this stretch of road, no matter what car I've been in they all do it and it makes this like "buzzing/loud metallic type noise" as the tyres go over it - it must be to do with the way they've laid the tarmac and how when a tyre goes over it, it makes noise.

Anyway, regardless I don't know if somethings gone wrong as the front-passenger side sounds like it has this noise coming from it anywhere I drive over about 20? I can't say I've noticed it until about 3-4 days ago. I've also noticed my breaks creaking and making a noise. I'm therefore wondering if my breaks are slightly applied on 1 side of the car for whatever reason, as I drive it's creating noise. I can't say I've done anything differently than drive it to cause it and I'll try get an audio clip from my dash-cam.

The car doesn't seem to act strange at all, I've only done 194 miles but like I say this noise appears to have came out of nowhere :?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I thought mine was making an awful noise yesterday until I realised it was the car behind me! :lol: The loudest squealing ever when he was accelerating! Some of the roads over here make an awful vibrating sound through the car. Not so bad with the Corsa, but with the Ibiza it could sometimes make my ears hurt. I guess the skinnier tyres help with that!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeachiE said:
I thought mine was making an awful noise yesterday until I realised it was the car behind me! :lol: The loudest squealing ever when he was accelerating! Some of the roads over here make an awful vibrating sound through the car. Not so bad with the Corsa, but with the Ibiza it could sometimes make my ears hurt. I guess the skinnier tyres help with that!
Yeah, wasn't sure if it was just recently however I didn't think I've noticed before and it definitely hurts your ears/gives you a headache so I'm not sure what it is, as I can't remember noticing it before.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Was it on a different road/speed that you normally travel on? My brother tried to explain it to me why it makes that awful noise but I don't remember. Something about 40-50mph on certain road surfaces. For me, one road in one direction was always worse than coming back in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to do it around 30 on different roads, this one road in particular did it ever since they resurfaced it but it's done it in every car even ones i'm a passenger in but I've noticed it on EVERY road I'm driving on now, which never happened before?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts