Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
There wasn't any 1 thing for me, I wanted a newer car which looked sportier. Cheap to run, decent nippiness, decent build quality, and had to have as a minimum auto lights, auto wipers, cruise, USB socket, Bluetooth, etc and I'd narrowed it down to 2012 Seat Ibiza and Leon 1.6 CR TDis, I'd had a brief play with the Vauxhall configurator when the new Corsa first came out and liked the look of it, but had got a bit fed up with Vauxhall after owning 3 or 4 in a row and actually went to the local retail park to see of any of the dealers had had 2012 spec 1.6 diesel Leon's or Ibizas in SE Copa or Sportrider trim traded in, and saw a row of new Corsas outside the Vauxhall dealership, decided to see what the quality was like and if it was as much better than the D as it looked in pictures, as i wasnt a fan of them and thought thr Astras and Insignias we have at work are quite stingy spec compared with other makes, immediately I'd changed my mind when I looked in a couple. Then I drove one and couldn't believe how refined and smooth it was, I didn't think I could stretch to a new one and knew they were so new there wouldn't be any used ones yet, but decided I had to pay the extra to have one.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The Volkswagen dealer......

No, that wasn't a typo. We originally went to test drive a Polo but the sales staff were the most pig ignorant jumped up arrogant t*ssers that they lost the sale and I went elsewhere. In comparison the VX dealer welcomed us in, made me a coffee and my daughter a hot chocolate and treated us like we should be treated as potential buyers. I was in scruffy old clothes and had parked my 10 year old pickup outside, it seems VW dealers only want to sell to posh people.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a 2013 astra before but just didn't do it for me,I just fell in love with the new corsa when I went to the dealer. And all the other stuff it comes with and the Vx dealer was also very good

G

·
Saw details online October last year, as soon as it went onto the VX configurater at beginning of November I went through it with the wife, we both loved the VX-Line in dark sea blue, added a few options and went to the dealer and ordered it. It was their first order for an E.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me it was a very good salesman! :lol: the old corsa C i had was letting water in and was covered in dents and scratches from the previous owner (the same owner had been rear-ended in it, causing no end of issues for me later down the line). Basicly it was starting to get expensive.

Now, i quite like the newer vauxhalls and looking around at VW's and Ford's etc. etc. they were also consistently cheaper for me to insure (only being 19 makes that a huge factor!), so I was looking around at the Adam. Thinking it'd be a good upgrade from the corsa but also nice and small i popped into the local showroom, enticed by the £89 per month offer on them.

However after having a look around the space in the back was pretty small! :shock: The salesman however had recently took delivery of a new Corsa and wouldnt stop recommending them. Two test drives later (an adam and a corsa) i had my mind made up. I wanted a corsa, ideally a 1.2 for the insurance, and the Excite AC had enough gadgets and gizmo's to make me giddy :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
For me it is a combination of turbo engine, heated steering wheel and heated screen! I haven't ordered yet, but my next car will deffo be a new Corsa! I traded in my 58 plate Corsa D 1.2 Active for my current car - SEAT Ibiza 1.2tsi. I chose that purely for the quick engine, and as my brother already had one I knew what they were like (a LOT faster than the D, lol). I always thought I would come back to a Corsa because of the heated steering wheel, but not until they introduced better engines. Now with the new turbo engines and the heated wheel, seats and screen, I shall be coming back to VX when the timing is right. I have Raynaud's syndrome which is mainly circulation problems in my hands that is worse in winter especially. My drive to work is just over 9 miles and I can often have white, numb fingers by the time I get there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was between the new corsa or a seat Ibiza toca.

The design and modern look made the corsa win.

Along with £30 road tax and better mpg.

I also like the heated windscreen and cruise control.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went for it based on the looks along with the fact that my previous car was also a corsa (granted it was a Corsa B) so this was quite an upgraded. Originally i was deciding between this and the Seat Ibiza but fell in love with this so much that i didnt even make it to the Seat showroom after test driving this. Also most of my mates have the corsa C or D so it was nice to go one better than them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My reason In order.
Tax £30
Insurance cheaper.
1.0 turbo
Stylish looking car
Also has tech I want apart from multifunction computer
I am part ex my current car vw polo 1.4 14 reg
Mud4fun vw when I went my local dealer they seemed fine then I test drove polo which was a canny long one surprisely then get back the showroom then this countdown starting at 15 meaning apprently how many cars were apprently left on the finance deal I got trapped in sales talk and felt like a couldn't leave. Anyways should have corsa within next 10 days i used Carwow.com that I highly recommend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mud4fun when I test drove corsa at my local dealer it was only 5 mins down the road turn at roundabout then back to garage :-( also them insisted they get the best deal which I knew infact Carwow website was better so let the guy carried on then basically said I need to think about it and said he would ring before end of day which he did and I told him I found a better deal and he said tell this spec etc etc then said he would ring back next day which he did he said I am unable to beat that deal he said how would like to proceed I said no further.... What happened next phone constantly ringing over and over and over left multiple voicemails ring back I refused this went on for weeks by the salesman and by other salesman then by the manager I did speak to manager his words are you wanting to go ahead original deal I said no. Again the calls started again then i decided to block calls.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi k.l.r, I didn't have that experience with my VX dealer. I went in one week to look at car but didn't order it as I needed to check finances then went back following week to place order. The only time dealer called me was when I asked for extra information such as the smokers pack, they called to say they would throw in one for free. I probably paid too much for my car but then I'm not that bothered. I'd rather pay a little bit more and be treated properly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My reason, plain and simple. Bought a corsa C at auction, the camshaft snapped in half, bought a new engine which ended up being a dud so cut my losses and decided to buy new

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello. Not really 1 thing made me want the NEW corsa E. I love my Corsa D 1.4 SE but it was really the change to get the NEW shape and get more for my monies than the last. Also I got a good deal due to the Corsa D Been less than 12 months old, But has it as a heated windscreen which we Corsa owners have been shouting for years to get and finally it is here. Hopefully I will have this one longer and I look forward to getting it later in the month. Also I have not seen anyone with my colour yet( Royal Blue) I have a liking for BLUE and most of my Corsa's have been BLUE. I stop now and get back to looking forward to more pics of everyone elses lovely E. :D :) :D :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had astra h for ten years from New decided to start looking at changing this year about Feb when my niece turned up in anew e ltd followed by her brother in his both in white went to order mine fell in love with lime green or so went for it haven't stopped smilling yet :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts