Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from another thread, we hear a lot about the negative things, and not so much about the positives from those that are happy with their cars/haven't encountered any problems thus far. What do you love most about your Corsa? Mine hasn't arrived yet but I already know I will love the heated steering wheel and seats! :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
The neat wee features/cool wee touches that have clearly been thought about, and are usually only found on bigger cars or more expensive ones. Stuff like being able to make the head and tail lights come on when you unlock the car, the tray under the passenger seat, the ambient night lights in the doors and console, the multi function computer with its pop up messages about things.

There is loads I love about my car but this is one of the "coolest" things for me. Probably another thing I'm most impressed by is just how smooth and refined it is for a small car. Usually they aren't good at long distances, motorways and so on but the Corsa seems capable of it without becoming tiresome, effortless. I actually despite my moaning and constant issues with my car like most things about it, if it was just a bit better built/the build was better quality controlled and I had less niggly issues with it I'd be very happy, because its only had 1 minor mechanical fault the rest have been daft build, trim, quality issues.

The ONLY thing it could be doing with, as in not stuff I'd like to have but can do without, something which is an obvious omission is the lack of a 6 speed gearbox, not just for economy but so its not revving at nearly 3500rpm at 70mph.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hehe, that reminds me, I love ❤ my 6 speed box. Happily cruising at 70+mph at 2500'ish rpm and getting 60+mpg :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
'Stuff like being able to make the head and tail lights come on when you unlock the car'

Did we say this was only the models that have the sight/light pack?

I've been away for a while due to work/new baby so been a bit quiet on the forum! Got a lot of cathcing up to do! Haha.

·
Registered
961 Posts
D3RV15H said:
'Stuff like being able to make the head and tail lights come on when you unlock the car'

Did we say this was only the models that have the sight/light pack?

I've been away for a while due to work/new baby so been a bit quiet on the forum! Got a lot of cathcing up to do! Haha.
I'm not sure, best way to find out is to go into the vehicle settings screen on the Intellilink, if yours has this feature it will have in the list of settings with on/off selections next to them something which says "vehicle locator lights" if you have that listed you can make your lights come on when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love the look of my 1.4 T LE in carbon flash very stealthy and that turbo badge is great...The smooth drive smart uncluttered interior and comfort can't be over shadowed by some annoying intermittent issues which are being gradually sorted

·
Registered
95 Posts
1, Engine
2, Gearbox
3, Quality
4, Interior tech & space for all my family (5 Door)
5, Looks the part in Red with black alloys
6, Heated windscreen

only dislike was not having a spare wheel. Sorted that myself for 100 quid off ebay :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the colour...Flash blue.
The sound of the exhaust.
The recaro seats.
Mostly it's pretty stealthy,surprised a few with it's speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a few niggly bits at the start that are all sorted by Vauxhall now, other than them I can fault my Corsa!

My favourite things have to be

1) How spacious it is, especially for a 2 door, Don't really know about the rear seats but theres plenty of legroom by the looks of things.
2) Finally having a car with no rattly trim. Every car ive had thus far has rattled terribly, I love how smooth my corsa is.
3) Quiet, Economical Engine.....
4) Sound System, I've installed a sub and as stock the speakers lack low end, as expected for new cars as theyre just cheap cones lol.. However, Mid range wise they are actually clearer than alot of aftermarket speakers I have added on my other cars, Also the tweeters make the sound really surround you.

Apart from the above its pretty economical, and I have the LE in black and love its looks!

Its also well built, the interior is good quality for the price!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Del1954 said:
Pestering the dealer asking "WHEN IS IT COMING" :(
:lol: I know the feeling! I am not the world's most patient woman and the wait for the new car is far longer than I have waited before. My current car (Ibiza) was new but already built and in the UK so it took 2 weeks to get her and that was long enough! I ordered the Corsa on 8th August and now have a built date of w/e 9th Oct with delivery during w/e 6th November. At least the weeks are flying by now, this past week especially - I was on holiday last week and since going back to work on Monday I can't believe it's Thursday again tomorrow already! Have already chosen my number plate though, so it's getting closer!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, I've had my car for a few days now and it's the little things that please! I particularly love how the needles do a full sweep when you start her up, second I discovered this evening is the little picture of the car that tells you which door is open! That's really clever! Third, I love the heated seats and steering wheel, which has proved it's worth by being able to use my fingers when I get to work!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gotta give a mention to the heated steering wheel in this cold weather. Also the economy on the diesel 1.3 is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, love the heated wheel! For me it could mean I won't get chilblains on my fingers again this year! Losing one or more fingers is a reality with Raynauds so the heated wheel was the one thing I really wanted!

·
Registered
342 Posts
The way it cruises along and the look when it's had the autoglym treatment, wind deflectors LE mats vx steel effect sill protectors, vx seat belt pads and the whole look of the interior my corsa always gets a lot of admiring looks with its constant show shine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts