Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - just been out for a test drive in an unregistered 3dr Corsa - this is on the dash in front of the driver - any clues? Salesman was in the dark, too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
mud4fun said:
ANTsting-R said:
My sting r doesn't have that
Neither does my LE but I never ordered the tech or sight and light packs so it must be part of them? Not sure which one though.
Its not part of the light pack as I have that on the Excite, could be the tech pack.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It looks a bit too "aftermarket" to be a proper optional extra or part of a pack or whatever, could it be the visual "sensor" for non factory fit front parking sensors. Like as well as a buzzer that beeps as you get closer to an object, this thing has bars or lights which gradually light up the closer you get.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
it comes with tech pack 2 which i have and yes its collision detection, flashes red if somebody stops dead if front of you or cuts across, there is also a audible alert. it shows you in this video plus all the other stuff

·
Registered
223 Posts
anthony said:
it comes with tech pack 2 which i have and yes its collision detection, flashes red if somebody stops dead if front of you or cuts across, there is also a audible alert. it shows you in this video plus all the other stuff

Women drivers! :p

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Pointless and dangerous technology.

The driver in the video should be charged with dangerous driving. When behind the wheel of a 1 ton killing machine the driver should be looking at the road not at mobile phones, magazines or putting their make up on.

So this technology exists simply to encourage drivers to be distracted rather than concentrating on what they should be doing.

I do not agree with it. If you need this sort of technology in order to get from A to B then you should not be driving, take the bus instead! :evil:

·
Registered
223 Posts
mud4fun said:
Pointless and dangerous technology.

The driver in the video should be charged with dangerous driving. When behind the wheel of a 1 ton killing machine the driver should be looking at the road not at mobile phones, magazines or putting their make up on.

So this technology exists simply to encourage drivers to be distracted rather than concentrating on what they should be doing.

I do not agree with it. If you need this sort of technology in order to get from A to B then you should not be driving, take the bus instead! :evil:
Spot on! How this can even be an advert is crazy! What are they trying to say with the advert. If you want to drive like a pr*ck putting everyone else on the road in danger we have a technology that will help you keep it up! They shouldn't be driving like that in the first place!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
When I first saw that ad, it struck me as very irresponsible of Vx! I'm sure tgey could have found other scenarios to depict what happens with the various features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the constructive replies, to his credit the salesman called back with the answer within the hour and it is indeed part of the Driver Assistance Pack.

Mr mud4fun - I take it you have never, ever been distracted from the road ahead, never alter or adjust any controls in the car, never sneeze or have any other reason whatsoever for momentarily not looking ahead. You also know, without looking at the speedo, what speed you're doing at all times, and obviously never look in your mirrors because that would mean pulling your gaze away from the road ahead.

Manufacturers are to be commended for producing anything that assists the driver and. of course, it's not meant to replace normal attention on the road. To say that "... this technology exists simply to encourage drivers to be distracted..." is quite frankly ludicrous.

Have a nice day. :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
swisstj said:
Mr mud4fun - I take it you have never, ever been distracted from the road ahead, never alter or adjust any controls in the car, never sneeze or have any other reason whatsoever for momentarily not looking ahead. You also know, without looking at the speedo, what speed you're doing at all times, and obviously never look in your mirrors because that would mean pulling your gaze away from the road ahead.

Manufacturers are to be commended for producing anything that assists the driver and. of course, it's not meant to replace normal attention on the road. To say that "... this technology exists simply to encourage drivers to be distracted..." is quite frankly ludicrous.

You have missed the point that is trying to be made and you are clutching at straws.

The advert is of a women that is reading magazines, speeding, doesn't have her eyes on the road most of the time and driving very recklessly. Near the end the women does a left, driving over a pedestrian crossing in the process going way too fast and she doesn't even indicate! No wonder she nearly hits someone! I am surprised that Vauxhall would associate themselves with this advert. It wouldn't surprise me either if women who watched this advert would claim it's sexist. The women needs driving lessons not the tech pack!

Have a nice day :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have this on my corsa, you can set which distance you would like it to alert you. Mine is set to the longest so if anyone slams on ahead it will go off with a long gap ahead. It's only ever gone off once in a real situation, yes I had plenty of time to break and yes I was paying attention to the road. Handy bit of technology in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Vicky2511 said:
I have this on my corsa, you can set which distance you would like it to alert you. Mine is set to the longest so if anyone slams on ahead it will go off with a long gap ahead. It's only ever gone off once in a real situation, yes I had plenty of time to break and yes I was paying attention to the road. Handy bit of technology in my opinion.
i'd agree with that vicky

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree, I kind of felt that the advert was saying it's ok to look at a magazine that your passenger is showing you whilst you are driving. :/

Kind of sends the wrong message to all of these 17-18 year olds who might get this as their first car.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
swisstj said:
Thanks for the constructive replies, to his credit the salesman called back with the answer within the hour and it is indeed part of the Driver Assistance Pack.

While I agree that I may be a decent technology, i also agree with mud4fun. if you need to rely on it, then you shouldn't be driving. If you are unable to take a quick look in your mirrors without risking a collision then you are either driving too close to the car ahead, or looking into your mirrors for too long!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.