Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what type of floor is covering the spare wheel depression as standard on the E

I only found out recently that use of the puncture repair fluid scraps the tyre (i checked a few places) , and a fluid refill is another £50, so every puncture is £150.
So the dealer agreed to swap the repair kit for my Corsa D spare wheel and jack. But when I take out the spare theres just a sheet of thick felt as a boot floor. Probably will collapse under a decent bag of shopping.
Is that what comes with the E to bridge the gap? Does the kit have any structural framework?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I just have a standard boot flooring - seems to be part wooden like usual.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jarviser said:
Just wondering what type of floor is covering the spare wheel depression as standard on the E

I only found out recently that use of the puncture repair fluid scraps the tyre (i checked a few places) , and a fluid refill is another £50, so every puncture is £150.
So the dealer agreed to swap the repair kit for my Corsa D spare wheel and jack. But when I take out the spare theres just a sheet of thick felt as a boot floor. Probably will collapse under a decent bag of shopping.
Is that what comes with the E to bridge the gap? Does the kit have any structural framework?
This is why I paid £5/m for 5 tyre replacements and I can't remember amount of puncture repairs. Knowing my luck and I knew that the puncture repair kits killed the tyre - especially with the 17" alloys the tyres are a good £95 for the continentals they put on, for the sake of a fiver a month all my worries disappear!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
Hmmm the one in my D is 3mm of felt!

View attachment 30
I believe the boot carpets/mats are different between cars fitted with a spare and those with an inflation kit, all the 63 plate Corsa Ds at my work with full spare wheels have that same carpet with 3mm of felt underneath. The 64 plates with tyre sealant/inflation kits have a boot mat which looks similar but isnt just a carpet with felt underneath, its made of something solid with a carpeted effect on the top, and has 2 or 3 places where its thinner and has pre existing bits which are designed to bend/fold to let you access the inflation kit without having to remove the carpet/mat completely. My 15 plate E with inflation kit has a similar type of boot mat only the carpet material is now all black as opposed to herringbone grey effect. I've not seen any Es with a factory inflation kit to know what carpet they have but I'd suspect it's different to the one fitted to cars with a sealant kit.

Also bear in mind something else which might have some bearing on it, different specs have the tyre inflation kit in different places, on my SRi its under the carpet in a big polystyrene box, but I think on Limited Editions with the styling kit its in the compartment on the right as you open the boot, and the compressor doesn't have a lead to plug into the 12v socket, its already connected to a power source.

Vauxhall are stupid, don't know why they didn't put the sealant kits in the same place on every E regardless of spec.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My limited edition also had the tyre inflation kit in a foam box under the carpet which was supported by a thick foam sheet as in the photo

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that's fettled it. S.W.M.B.O has laid the law down, she won't have an old boot carpet in a new car so I'll have to look for a space saver or go with what we ordered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts