Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen similar topics on forums for other Vauxhall cars ive owned in the past and thought it could be a good idea for any others looking at purchasing an E to go to somewhere they are likely to be treated right?

I'll start obviously, Arnold Clark Vauxhall, Phoenix Retail Park, Linwood, Paisley.

Got a good deal on the car, circa £1500+ less than list price, but that was taking a car they had in their own stock (hundreds of cars to choose from through as AC are a massive company) so you were limited to the colours they had in stock and you couldn't add any options, you could do a factory order but I'm not sure of you'd get any savings over list doing it that way, I presume the reason I got a cheap deal is they'd bought loads from Vauxhall to get a discount they could then pass on to customers. However they did have most specs, engines and colours.

The finance rate was good too: 3.9% flat rate, to give you an idea how good that is, when I worked for Arnold's 8 years ago, staff finance rate then was 4.5%. I got a set of Arnold Clark branded mats thrown in but they were proper tailored ones with floor clips like the genuine ones. And a full tank of fuel. Also got a good part exchange price, £2700 for a 55,000 miles September 2009 '59' Clio 1.2 Dynamique in good condition with FSH, but needing a service, timing belt kit and water pump due, tyres, some suspension consumables and just about out of mot.

The post sale services was poor however, the car was delivered with the NSF sidelight not coming on at night when the DRLs switch to sidelights, tyre pressures far too high and not matching, NSF and OSR same and OSF and NSR same, service booklet Incorrectly filled in and not stamped, rear number plate fitted wonky and with a bubble in it allowing water damage, salesman continually promised to sort this and let us down until one day my partner and mother sat in the showroom for 2 hours until he sorted it. He also messed up the finance submitting applications for personal loans instead of hire purchase which were all declined and affected my credit history file, he also messed up the eventual finance paperwork meaning I had to a couple of weeks later go in and resign the docs again. Their administration dept also messed up my service plan paperwork, sending me out a plan valid for 2 years or 24K, I argued the Corsa I tervals are 1year/20k so the plan should cover upto 2years or 40k, they agreed but then sent out new docs showing 2 years or 400K, I called to advise of the mistake and they sent out ones for 2 years/24k again.

Repairs wise the dealer have been ok, I have used both Linwood and one of their Glasgow branches close to my work who have recognised the issues ive had and not just said the usual no fault found or its just a characteristic line, they have replaced without quibble one of my alloys, my drivers seat height adjuster mechanism and my dash, only issues they took a week to get me my car back after the dash fitment issue and replacement although part of that is I didn't want the car back until it was fixed whilst they wanted me to take it back and bring it back in when the dash was in stock and didn't have a courtesy car until my partner phoned Vauxhall themselves who told the dealer if they didn't have a courtesy car to hire me one and bill Vauxhall directly, and then whilst it was in for the dash work the dealer put my car through the car wash without removing the aerial mast, resulting in it snapping, they straight away fitted another but my DAB still wasn't working, cue another week without digital radio until they could book it in on a day a courtesy car was available where it transpired the fault was due to a faulty connection at the aerial base caused by them putting the car through the wash with the aerial mast fitted not only snapping it but faulting the connection at the base.

Vauxhall customer care are involved due to the amount of issues with the car to see about goodwill compensation.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hendry said:
my drivers seat height adjuster mechanism
Interestingly, my Corsa D had a problem with the seat height adjuster. It would gradually work it's way down and would need to be re-adjusted every so often. I think it was a recall in the end, but VX fixed it anyhow.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeachiE said:
hendry said:
my drivers seat height adjuster mechanism
Interestingly, my Corsa D had a problem with the seat height adjuster. It would gradually work it's way down and would need to be re-adjusted every so often. I think it was a recall in the end, but VX fixed it anyhow.
Mine was slightly different in that adjusted below a certain height (3 height adjustment lever adjustments higher up than the lowest height the seat will go it was fine) and the seat would rock back and forth, not forward/backwards or up/down, literally the way a rocking chair rocks, I braked one day and felt the seat throw me forward then as I came to a stop felt like I'd moved back into the seat, imagine performing an emergency brake and the way it throws you forward and then you come to a rest back in the seat but to a much lesser degree but still enough to feel it, now the 500mile 1.4 LE 3 door I had as a courtesy car last week didn't do it but the 3000 mile 1.2 SE 5 door I had as a courtesy did do it too, so it seems it could be much more than just an issue specific to my individual car but the issue only begins happening the more the car is used and the height adjuster gets worn or when the seat gets adjusted a lot.

The dealer originally said it was the seat base which would need replaced and the mechanic even knew what I meant before I demonstrated the fault, he said he'd had similar on his own 12 plate D but it was really bad like the seat base wasn't bolted to the floor tightly (it was, but that's how it felt) he explained when the base or adjuster is faulty when the seat is at a certain height it takes up the "slack" on the bolt/mechanism so it doesn't move, when it's at a low height the slack isnt taken up in the bolt/adjuster/mechanism hence the movement

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bought my car in wilsons of rathkenny (NI) and luckily the car I wanted was sitting in the showroom (minus a few small things). Managed to get my car 0% with a good amount whacked off as it was a car in their stock. Got it within three days and £500 pre paid card to spend on fuel (can spend on anything actually) as his was a vauxhall offer on that week! Plus got genuine corsa mats thrown in and they even registered my car with my personalised plates! Couldn't have been more helpful! Actually took us for lunch in the staff canteen while we discussed whether to buy! Great sales team with Aaron spending all day reading up on the corsa to help me get started up and even connected my phone for me!
However, had a dent in my car that I discovered a few days after taking her home and when I called down they were very helpful and when I went down the following day they had dent master ready for me and fixed the car on them (obviously done by someone leaning up against it in the showroom! It was basically a hand indent!) not a problem! With Aaron even telling me to call down anytime once I started driving the car (it was a week before my 17th I got the car) so all in all I recommend going there! Very helpful and genuinely hilarious sales staff haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts