Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all been a while since I've posted on here been busy with work ect you all know the drill I'm sure! And now we're organising our wedding!

Getting on well with my 1.4 nt excite, done just over 2300 miles in it now and still really happy my favourite features being the look, handleing and practicality of it being a 5 door ha

I was reverse parked on a hill with the front facing down with handbrake on and in gear. When I went to start it a huge white R flashed up on the dash Ive never seen it before and wasn't sure whether or not I had put it into reverse gear during parking with the handbrake and therefore it meant R for reverse?!

Although I tested it (on flat ground) with it in reverse and handbrake on and it didn't flash up?

Any one got any ideas or seen it before?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, probably reminding you are in reverse before you start car and shoot backwards, unless you need clutch pressed to start a manual?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For the S/S systems, you have to depress the clutch before you can start, can't speak for non S/S engines.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I seee my car will be automatic, both my easytronic and automatic corsa c's required me to press brake pedal to start car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.