Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who else out there has placed an order for a MY16 car? I know build doesn't start for factory orders until 24th August (this coming Monday), so I wondered how many are waiting for their lovely new cars to arrive? I ordered mine on Saturday 8th August, with expected delivery late Oct/early Nov.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Surely they won't start building till after the month break is up, which is 14th sept?

Strange how they have numerous contradictory dates regarding building.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you know build starts on 14th Sept? I read online that it starts on 24th August!

·
Registered
455 Posts
How do you know it's the 24th when I've also swear I've seen the 21st... How does anyone know, my own dealer doesn't even seem to know when they're building these things but only when he can get them approximately. Think he's already keen to nab me one by 20th-onwards of September however he can hopefully get one earlier.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
How do you know build starts on 14th Sept? I read online that it starts on 24th August!
My brother was told by the dealer that they shut down from 14th aug - sept 14th. Maybe that's just one factory? :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll contact the sales manager at the dealer today and adk what he knows. Iirc he is also under the impression that build will start at the end of August. Seeing as order banks opened over a month ago there's gonna be a large backlog of orders by the time they start building again!

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
My brother was told by the dealer that they shut down from 14th aug - sept 14th. Maybe that's just one factory? :lol:
True, there is 3 right? Apparently the 5doors are made in Spain which may be why leachie's is so long... The Spanish love a siesta.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
zaragoza go back on Monday. I didnt know they made Corsas outside Spain but Wiki says Eisenach in Germany. Surely they will go back next week too if not already back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered mine on the 4th July with configurations, was later given september 21st build date. Just been looking on Vauxhall again and seen many more options available. ie alarm, On star plus a few others. Just rang dealer to see if I could change my configuration. He said he will check with manager and let me know. seems a bit strange that I wasnt informed of this when I ordered.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, more than one factory. That probably explains why some 3 drs have already been released - they are made in Germany I believe. I was looking online earlier and see that the new Astra is being built in the UK. Wish they would build Corsas here! Might speed things up a bit! I do think that they should prioritise building customer orders seeing as they will actually be sold and people are waiting for them. The latest 3drs that have been released are scheduled for delivery at the end of September.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jarviser said:
I didnt know they made Corsas outside Spain but Wiki says Eisenach in Germany.
Yup, my car (3 door LE) was German made. Not had any issues with it either :cool:

(a digit in the VIN tells you were it was made)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Yes, more than one factory. That probably explains why some 3 drs have already been released - they are made in Germany I believe. I was looking online earlier and see that the new Astra is being built in the UK. Wish they would build Corsas here! Might speed things up a bit! I do think that they should prioritise building customer orders seeing as they will actually be sold and people are waiting for them. The latest 3drs that have been released are scheduled for delivery at the end of September.
Think about the Viva! They're built in South Korea and have a 16 week build to delivery time!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
Think about the Viva! They're built in South Korea and have a 16 week build to delivery time!
I don't count Korean crates as cars let alone Vauxhalls.

They have built the old Vivas then Astras on and off in UK at Ellesmere Port since they built the plant in the 1960s. They used to make all Vauxhall gearboxes and Viva engines too. Then Opel "took over" the engineering and all UK became CKD assembly only. My beloved engine line in Luton sold for scrap.
The plants that the governments paid for like Ellesmere Port, and Zaragoza inn Spain, seem to be kept open in the most dire circumstances whereas the Luton Plant opened in 1909 as a private factory, which eventually had the best paint shop in Europe and profitable, was closed on a whim and demolished. Why? soft labour laws.
When I started there were 25,000 working in Luton, now about 1000 making vans.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
I don't count Korean crates as cars let alone Vauxhalls.

They have built the old Vivas then Astras on and off in UK at Ellesmere Port since they built the plant in the 1960s. They used to make all Vauxhall gearboxes and Viva engines too. Then Opel "took over" the engineering and all UK became CKD assembly only. My beloved engine line in Luton sold for scrap.
The plants that the governments paid for like Ellesmere Port, and Zaragoza inn Spain, seem to be kept open in the most dire circumstances whereas the Luton Plant opened in 1909 as a private factory, which eventually had the best paint shop in Europe and profitable, was closed on a whim and demolished. Why? soft labour laws.
When I started there were 25,000 working in Luton, now about 1000 making vans.
Yea, that's the problem with outsourcing... If the immigrants don't come to us, we go to them.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, the company I work for was bought by the Yanks 2 years ago. Since then half the UK workforce has been made redundant, been sacked or has abandoned the sinking ship. They are now outsourcing the majority of development to India. I'll be lucky to have a job this time next year. The only thing keeping me employed is the fact that I can produce 16 times more code in the same time as the very lazy Indian developers and my code is largely error free whereas theirs is dire as they don't test anything they do. They also pose a very high security risk as we've found them copying and changing our security access layers without good reason. So stopping them coming here doesn't protect our jobs, it just moves the work over there. :-(

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
i took early retirement rather than see work going "off shore". the company is now dead.
Anyhow just got my dates
Ordered end June
Build slot Sep 18th
Delivery Oct 16th.
I make that 15 weeks-ish

·
Registered
455 Posts
LeachiE said:
One of them is mine :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes, the company I work for was bought by the Yanks 2 years ago. Since then half the UK workforce has been made redundant, been sacked or has abandoned the sinking ship. They are now outsourcing the majority of development to India. I'll be lucky to have a job this time next year. The only thing keeping me employed is the fact that I can produce 16 times more code in the same time as the very lazy Indian developers and my code is largely error free whereas theirs is dire as they don't test anything they do. They also pose a very high security risk as we've found them copying and changing our security access layers without good reason. So stopping them coming here doesn't protect our jobs, it just moves the work over there. :-(
I hate Indian programmers... As soon as you see bad code, you can immediately tell if it was written by an Indian or not..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts