Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFTER placing the order for an LE with the lower sports chassis it dawned on me that the car may not actually get over the ramp at the top of our slightly sloping drive where it crosses the footpath onto the main road. When we got it home for the first time I had my wife visually check the clearance as I reversed down the drive and she'd said it was an inch. I assumed she was slightly exagerating how bad it was....

Today when we went out as a family with two adults and two children on board I thought I heard a scrape from the underside as we pulled out of the drive so on our return my wife took some pictures.

This shows the MAXIMUM amount of clearance with the front tyres onto the path:

Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

These show the MINIMUM clearance with the front tyres dropped down onto the road and just the driver on board. It IS EXACTLY 1" to the lowest part so my wife was correct AND that is without anybody else in the car :eek:

I know the car sinks by about 1/2" when the wife and kids get in so there really is no spare clearance! I'm going to have to lay a concrete slab at the top of the drive to try and reduce the drop from the badly laid tarmac footpath (council) onto our gravel drive. I've never even had to think about this before as we've only had big 4x4's since moving to this house.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive tire Hood Water Wood Automotive lighting

The new LE is lower than the stock Corsa by an inch I'd say. So worth remembering if you have to negotiate speed humps or ramps.

So no lowering for me! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Where I live (south London) there are speed bumps everywhere I have to slow right down to get over them, having lowered jap cars in the past I get to know where to drive and not to drive but this keeps changing as they put in more and more, a friend of mine who has a garage is happy as he gets loads of work for cracked springs

·
Registered
122 Posts
I travel over many speed bumps in my LE and do have to slow down a fair bit over them (but then its no worse than my corsa B with extra low mudflaps which scraped of everything).

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, speed isn't the issue for me, it is the fact we can't get in to or out of the car as a family while it is parked on the drive. The wife and kids will have to get in/out once I've driven out onto the road or before I reverse back into the drive.... :)

I don't think they will tolerate that situation for very long so a think a bit of 'driveway raising' is on the cards soon!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anthony said:
some nice close up shots of your green side skirts Ian :lol:
You are clearly colour blind like me, my wife and everybody else that has seen it! :lol:

My V5 says its GREEN, Vauxhall calls it GREEN and not one review** I read where they'd stated they'd tested a limelight GREEN car mentioned it was actually YELLOW. :roll: :roll: :roll:

**hardly surprising as the numpties at What Car, Auto Express etc that did review the limelight green car without mentioning the obvious problem also claimed the 1.4T was to be avoided as it was noisy, unrefined, lacked torque, had massive flat spots and was unlikely to get more than 35mpg. As mine is so quiet and refined I can hardly notice when it has turned itself off, it revs freely and pulls like a train and is averaging 48mpg it is now obvious that they either never tested the car at all or don't know what the F*ck they are talking about!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts