Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news, I finally managed to get my Nokia windows phone fully operational with intellilink. :)

It turns out I needed to plug the USB in before I put the key in the ignition. This then correctly detected the phone and I can now play music from the phone using the intellilink audio controls yippee!

On top of that the phone charges correctly too.

Best of all, the sound quality is far superior than when I was listening to the radio. The speakers are definitely nowhere near as good as the Infinity Kappas I fitted to my pickup but it is now acceptable rather than poor.

So if anybody has issues with windows phones not being recognised try connecting the USB before powering the system up. Previously I'd been plugging the USB in while intellilink was on which sometimes connected sometimes didn't but always Locked up within a few minutes. This time I suffered no lockups or system freezes despite running for a good 30 minutes and choosing all menus and going into all options etc.

Now much happier with the system :cool:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Just been out for a drive and it is all working great, sounds so much better playing CD's off the phone than listening to radio not sure why as I thought DAB was meant to be better than analogue but radio sounds very flat no matter what I do to the equaliser. I never had this problem on my Alpine HU when playing radio.

Also tested out my new wind deflectors and they work fine too. No ash blowing in my face at 60mph any more :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I don't need the bringgo because nokia windows phones come with Here+ sat nav app which is really good, free and has free map updates. All locally stored too so don't need a live data connection. I have my phone mounted in a suction mounted X-grip so I can use the sat nav easily enough.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great news Ian - so we got Windows & iPhones covered now then ? great when you find out how they connect up correctly.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Derek. I found it purely by luck. My youngest daughter was going out with me so I was making sure she was strapped in and that her door was closed and while doing that I'd plugged the phone in before finally putting key in ignition. So far I've only been able to charge the phone via USB as nothing else worked. This time though, as soon as intellilink booted up it showed the phone was recognised and immediately started playing my CD's. Prior to this I've been getting in, putting key in ignition and and then plugging in USB. Amazing how such a small difference in procedure can make so much difference :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Glad you managed to get it working! Such a good feeling when something you thought didn't work actually does work! I thought you sounded rather disappointed with the Intelilink yesterday.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Leachie, much happier today :)

I will still look at upgrading to a different head unit and speakers at some point, probably once Microsoft release their new OS with mirrorlink installed. However there is no longer any urgency.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a windows phone. Nokia 930. Do you have to use usb to connect or can you Bluetooth it? I have Spotify so want to steam that. Do the steering wheel contols work with phone?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a Nokia 925 and Bluetooth works fine so all phone calling facilities work fine. I have tested it all and made and received calls using Bluetooth controls while playing music via USB and the music mutes correctly during the call. The wheel controls also operate the music fine too so I can move forward and backwards through the music tracks via the steering wheel control. It all works perfectly :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't tried that as I would always have USB plugged in anyway to charge phone. I'll go and give it a try and will report back in 2 mins....

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it works OK playing music from phone via Bluetooth HOWEVER the volume is really low so you have to set the volume quite high on your phone. Quality doesn't seem as good as playing via USB either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank for that. I will hook it up usb. As you said it charges the phone too.
Cannot wait until Weds now. And as car is being delivered to where I am working I have a lovely 70 mile drive home.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you tried music, video and photo's via USB yet? I will be interested to know if they work as I'm due to upgrade my 925 in June and not much choice of WP's from Vodafone so may go with a 930. I assume it is just the updated 925? Looked like it had a larger screen though which is a pain as I'll need a new case.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts