Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with there wiper blades juddering I had my blades changed a couple of months ago and now it's doing it again and it's always the drivers side that does it....I always wipe the dirt off the blades and clean the screen with autoglym glass cleaner...So I'm thinking it's possibly a fault with the arm

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Search the forums - there is a post regarding this already, and it was solved.

I think the solution was to bend the wiper in a certain way to either reduce or improve the contact with the screen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes..the blade should be 90 degrees to the screen. I rectified it by using an adjustable spanner on a cloth on the wiper arm of my friends car and twisted the arm up or down till when the blade is rested back on the screen it sits at 90 degrees. I think a video on you tube is posted showing how to do this too. The cloth is only to protect the arm from being marked.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem when I removed the wiper blades to do some work on the suspension and found if you over tighten the bolts that attach the blades they judder. I slightly loosened them and it has stopped without any further problems.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took my car into have the wiper blade looked at and they said they reset it and now it's even worse, they also said they sorted the door rattles out and guess what it still rattles absolutely f****n useless!!!! I now have to decide what form of action to take against them

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Coidy92 said:
... I removed the wiper blades to do some work on the suspension ......
Intriguing :?

Also if you use a hand car wash run by our EU friends they always spray that flaming cold-rinse wax from the pump sprayer all over the screen which makes mine judder til its worn off. Good on paint, lousy on screen glass.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always clean it myself using autoglym fast glass.now over just been and took the blade out and cleaned it and bent it a little and it seems to be ok bearing in mind it only does it on the drivers side

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone used the bosch aero blades as I'm thinking of going down halfords tomorrow and getting some

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Jarviser said:
Coidy92 said:
... I removed the wiper blades to do some work on the suspension ......
Intriguing :?

Also if you use a hand car wash run by our EU friends they always spray that flaming cold-rinse wax from the pump sprayer all over the screen which makes mine judder til its worn off. Good on paint, lousy on screen glass.
The EU car wash near me is actually quite good! I have always taken the Ibiza there as I won't put it through an automated wash. That was after washing her every week myself when I first got her! :lol: The local fire station also do charity car washes, but I've seen the brushes and things that they use so I won't take mine there. If they were to do it topless then I may reconsider! :lol:

Speaking of washing cars - does the Corsa have a wiper park setting so the wipers don't chip the paint off the bonnet when lifted? I presume they don't (like the D), but it's something I always need to remember when using the hand car wash.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
Took my car into have the wiper blade looked at and they said they reset it and now it's even worse, they also said they sorted the door rattles out and guess what it still rattles absolutely f****n useless!!!! I now have to decide what form of action to take against them
Won't be able to do anything at all whatsoever.

The problem with rattles is that they won't be able to drive it enough for them to know if it has been fixed.

As for the wipers, it's pointless taking it to the garage for something so small. As stated elsewhere, if you get a garage to sort a small problem, it will likely get worse, or turn into a bigger problem. Sometimes you have to get on with it, or fix it yourself when it's so simple.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wipers have juddering like mad so I went to halfords and got some bosch aerotwin blades and they are perfect but for 35 sheets you would expect them to be.

·
Registered
455 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
The wipers have juddering like mad so I went to halfords and got some bosch aerotwin blades and they are perfect but for 35 sheets you would expect them to be.
That's why I refuse to go back to Halfords seen as they charge a fortune for something which shouldn't be, I have their own brand ones on and although I can't fault them I wasn't willing to pay for Bosch ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The car is now 20 days old and having rained today I can't believe how much these wipers judder! I had to use the wipers from East to West Scotland this morning and by the time I arrived at work I could have just ripped them off at the stalk! Bloody awful things!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Never had an issue with my wipers.

Try bending yours to fit the screen better.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mine only juddered once just after purchase. I washed them with fairy liquid and put decent screen wash in and not had any juddering in the 11K miles since :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
D is the same. the blades are perfectly aligned. I keep winter strength Autoglym screenwash in all year. usually gives enough relief from judder til the contaminant is worn off. Cold rain with some road oil or carnauba from the carwash can upset it. the drivers blade is too big and the arms too long but with such a huge screen what can they do.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
Vx blades are about that price and probably Bosch! Are these different in design?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts