Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First time poster, but been watching the forum for a while now.

I took delivery of my 1.4na SRI last week and so far everything has been great. The ride is exceptionally smooth, never noticed how firm the suspension on my Audi was until I started driving this.

However, I've noticed that the wipers judder. I've never had this problem with any other brand new car. The only other vauxhall I've owned is a 55 plate Astra which I still have and its wipers still work fine.

It seems to have its worser moments when the wipers may judder several times as the blade is fully extending, and moments where there is only a small judder as the blade is reaching peak extension and about to wind back in.

Is anyone experiencing any similar issues? Should I report the problem to the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have you tried to see if they're bent too far towards the screen? I've had the opposite on my golf where it would miss patches on the screen near the middle and I fixed it by gently bending the blade down towards the window and holding it there for a minute. It may just be that the wiper blade itself is bent too-far towards the window and when activated it's creating friction against the window and 'juddering'.

I'd just see if it's pressed relatively hard against the window rather than 'resting' - it's hard to establish what may look right although I'd have your dealer take a look if you're unsure.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It is common with new cars. Your glass and wipers still have factory release film on them. Wash your car, clean screens with autoglym glass cleaner and clean wiper blades with hot soapy water (mild fairy liquid). Then use decent quality washer fluid. Don't use wipers on a dry screen. Try that before anything else because mine suffered this too as did several others. Had it on loads of new cars in the past. It takes a bit of use to bed wipers in too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car was given a thorough wash when I got it home so I'd have thought contaminants on the screen were pretty much dealt with, although its yet to go for its new car detail. I've put 1500 miles on it in the past week and half of that was driving through hours of solid heavy rain so they've had decent time to bed in too.

I'll try and see if they're resting too firmly against the screen during daylight tomorrow. If not, looks like its a trip to the dealers.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Sorry ali00, in that case doesn't sound like contaminants. When you said you got car last week I was expecting a few hundred miles not 1500! I thought mine was high mileage at 500 miles a week....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after a quick snoop around the car this morning, and playing around with the wipers, turns out they were sitting a lot more firmer than usual against the screen. So I took matthew's advice and just pulled the blade slightly away from the screen and held it there for a short while.

Problem solved! Wipers working as they should on a new car, no more noise, no more juddering. Quick and easy fix. Never had the problem before, but there's a first time for everything!

& haha I don't typically do so much mileage, but I headed up to the Lake district last week and the car has been booted around up and down the lakes every day since, until I got back yesterday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts