Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me about the wipers? I ask, because in my current car when I have the wipers on continuous and stop at a junction, they automatically switch to intermittent. I find this rather annoying, not to mention dangerous at times especially when it's chucking it down, so was wondering if Corsa wipers do the same? My 58 plate Corsa D didn't do this, in fact, the only car I've had (and I've had plenty!!) that does it is my current car - the Ibiza. Cheers peeps!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only car that we have owned that did this was our 2003 C3, our Fiesta didn't do this, and I've not noticed our Corsa do it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
my wipers like the my old D just go beserk when it spray rain and when its heavy its a casual day for them. today for example im at the lights its light rain and my wipers are going mad like im about to start a rally course, miunte later it gets very heavy and they decide to slow down and relax. i dont understand the question but hope this helps :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My wipers work perfectly in all conditions, after 6K miles I've driven in a fair few downpours from light rain to torrential including heavy spray on motorway too. However I do not have the technical pack so I just turn mine on and off manually as needed or use the excellent adjustment range on the intermittents.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From replies so far, it sounds like Corsa has what I would term 'normal' wipers! In the Ibiza when it's raining, whatever setting the wipers are on automatically 'switches down' a setting - eg if on speed2 they switch to speed 1 and if on speed 1 the switch to intermittent. When it's pouring with rain and I get to a junction, I find myself with no visibility as the wipers have gone into their energy saving mode. I have to flick the stalk again up one setting then back down so they stay wiping whilst I look to get out of junctions.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have auto-wipers and they are great. They adjust themselves well to the conditions, and to how fast you have set them on the stick.

If it is pouring, and you have the intermittent time set to its fastest, it goes right up to storm-speed wipers - but it is doing what you're telling it to do :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts