Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Your Corsa E Plans/Wish List

16K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  craig5e 
#1 ·
So if you're anything like me, you'll not be able to leave your car standard, you'll have things you want to change, things you feel Vauxhall should've done, you'll want to put your stamp on the car, so let's hear your plans:

My plans are as follows:
- LE/SRI Vx-Line rear roof spoiler
- Genuine rubber mats
- Genuine luxury velour "Corsa" mats
- Genuine tailored mud flaps
- Sill trim plates
- Corsa D false boot floor
- Chrome exhaust tail pipe trim from Vauxhall accessories website or a new exhaust back box for 1.4 LE/SRi VX-Line from the dealers which already has the chrome tail pipe trim welded on.

Those are definite, my wish list is:
- Sting R VX-Line steering wheel/ steering wheel from an actual VXR
- Rear tinted windows similar to a LE (ideally I'd like to fit genuine factory tinted LE spec window glass rather than fit a tint film onto my current glass, but I'd imagine that will be £££s)
- Colour code the base plates on my door mirrors or get ones from a SRi VX-Line factory colour coded.
- LE black grille strip to replace the chrome one, or maybe even colour code the grille strip.

TBH there's not much I need to do, usually its a used car I'll buy and I've got to sort some imperfections like scratches in the paint or merged wheels or scuffed interior trim, to satisfy my perfection OCD, and then spec up or fit parts from higher spec models or sportier models or features the spec I've bought doesn't have, like cruise control, map lights, sunglasses holder, armrests etc but Vauxhall have done a pretty good job with the Corsa standard equipment and features and nifty little touches that I don't need to do much, also not much out for the E accessory and modification wise as its so new.

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought an LE so don't need to do most of that! :lol:

However my additonal items/wish list is:

Wind Deflectors (Heko already fitted but may change to Climair at some point)
Sill proctectors (now fitted)
Muffin ashtrays (one fitted for *** butts, one on order for mints)
Sunglasses holder
Spare set of alloys with Vredestein Wintrac winter tyres
Alpine double DIN head unit with touch screen (mirrorlink enabled)
Set of decent speakers
Sports Exhaust
Engine remap (150PS) and ancilliaries (very long term)
Boot liner and parcel shelf

#4 ·
I have done:

Gm rubber mats
Gm boot liner
Gm boot shelf
Interior lights changes to led
Heko wind deflectors

I have a ashtray on order just now. I will use it as a rubbish holder. I'll post more info when it arrives.

Tints will prob be next for me.

Mud do you mean the sunglass holder that goes overhead and replaces a handle?

I believe the corsa c ones fit, part number 24413714.

Under £5 from http://www.genuinepartsearch.co.uk

#6 ·
My wish list
Multitrip computer
Drl fitted on bumber where foglights spacing is
Mudflaps
Tinted windows (preferably glass if I can find a website that's does this)
Tinted front lights
Matts which I will already have which I convinced dealer to put in no extra cost
Spare wheel kit
And some point replace head unit CD player
That's pretty much it don't know what order to do it but defo multitrip computer first.

#7 ·
my wish list:

Heko wind deflector's
VXR alloy's
Twin sport exhaust system
Remap by Regal to 150bhp - 180bhp
Corsa fitted mat's
brighter front lights, not decided yet
rear tint's
possibly de-badge
bailey's dump valve ( if it dosnt seem to stupid)
and if it looks good a sun visor

personal Albanian to wash the car every weekend as my right arm will give pop-eye a good competition.

#9 ·
liverpaul said:
what is that? and the price? :?:
Things like air filter, possibly new intercooler, high pressure injectors, better clutch, bigger brakes etc. I will need to find out the parts fitted to the Opel 150PS corsa that differ to my 100PS. On top of that is new exhaust. I have no idea of prices but am reckoning on £2500 to do the job properly and get reliable increase in power to 165PS (already available on some German tuning sites for the 150PS 1.4T). Sure you can just get a remap but you may end up damaging something after prolonged use. 25 years of building engines has taught me that significant increases in power do not come cheap if you want it to be reliable. I still think that works out quite cheap for what would then be 'very warm' hatch :) Although I may just swap to a VXR.

#10 ·
Plans sound good guys, I did not think of brighter/whiter bulbs at the front to match the LED DRLs, good idea. Also forgot spare wheel kit, I'm trying to source a full size 16" alloy spare from a D, there's a few cheap brand new genuine ones on Genuine Part Search which I'll enquire about when I get paid.

#12 ·
anthony said:
:D I'm the same as ian really now I've got the LE it's just going to be a few cosmetic mods I'm happy with the way the car drives don't really need any more power :roll:
You have the 1.4 n/a 90bhp, just without Ecoflex, yeah?

Ive still not booted the hell out of mine yet to see what its like performance wise and how much better/nippier/more responsive it is in the E compared with 1.4 D's. I did notice the other day that I'd gone from 50 - 70 fairly quickly without even realising, and it didn't feel like 70, in a D at 70 its fairly loud, harsh and unrefined, you definitely do realise in them. I'm old school, I know you probably don't need to anymore, but I'll still take it very easy and give the car a gentle run in for the first 1000 miles, not saying I'll hammer the living daylights out of it after that but I'll not be as easy on it.

#14 ·
hendry said:
Ive still not booted the hell out of mine yet to see what its like performance wise and how much better/nippier/more responsive it is
I have booted Dafny and my wife will confirm the 1.4T is mighty quick (for a luke warm hatch) when pushed and with quick gearchanges at 3500-4000rpm. :eek: She doesn't like to be revved higher than that as power/torque fades rapidly so you are left with a screaming engine and no better forward progress. So I change earlier and ride the mid range torque :cool:

I haven't driven the 1.4na but I assume it will rev more freely and will feel torquier at lower rpm where the turbo cars feel a bit gutless?

#15 ·
Im the same as most people on here - mainly cosmetic stuff really. I've got enough kit on the Excite to keep me "Excite-d" (couldnt resist :lol:)

Already put on the side sill vinyls and got some tailored mats. Thinking about getting a tint for the rear windows as well as some wind deflectors; would love the roof spoiler from the sportier models and would also like a chrome/visible exhaust tip and possibly the standard wheels from the LE just to round of the cosmetic changes.

As for performance - its only a 1.2 so I'm never realistically going to get any big increases in power/torque without spending ££££'s (feel free to correct me if thats wrong, I'm open to learning :mrgreen:). I would like a sportier exhaust though at some point. Just small things really! If i could make the engine any more efficient/let it breathe better and get some sort of torque improvement it'd be nice though :D

#18 ·
Porquito said:
ANTsting-R said:
Gave my 1.0T a bit of a boot yesterday for the first time, very impressed I have to say :) also the advertised top speed is not far off the truth too lol
What was your top speed?
On my Corsa D 1.3cdti 75Hp... max was 191! XD on high way....
191? Cool lol

Mine is 121 because of the 6 gears, it gets up there quite quickly too

#19 ·
Maximum speed limit in UK is 70mph (113kmh) so outright top speed is largely irrelevant here. It would also be wise not to post the fact you've exceeded that on a public road on a public forum ;-)

The power to overtake slower moving cars and HGV's on single carriageway roads quickly and safely is what counts for me. Being on the wrong side of the road for the least possible time is safest. It is surprising just how powerful and quick a car needs to be to quickly overtake an HGV on a winding A road. I've driven some pretty powerful cars in my time but still ended up stuck for miles behind trucks waiting for a long enough stretch to overtake safely. Dafny has better overtaking ability than the Toyota Supra I used to drive and I'm genuinely happy with her performance. However I think I'd like to squeeze a bit more power out if it can be done reliably.

#25 ·
mud4fun said:
ANTsting-R said:
Of course I would not normally go beyond the legal speed limit, my job needs a clean licence, but things have to be tested once just so I know in cases of emergencies ;)
You were, of course, referring to the speed around your friends private airfield weren't you ;) ;) ;)
Yes i must have forgotten to add that bit i sometimes miss the important bits out ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.