My vxr

Post pictures of your Corsa E here
LimeyUK

Re: My vxr

Post by LimeyUK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm

mud4fun wrote:I'm not saying the 1.4T LE is as quick as a VXR.

I am saying that a PP equipped VXR costing £22K does not have £7k worth of extra performance over my £15K 1.4T LE.

For less than £600 I can get 160hp out of my 1.4T so the VXR is the £6K more for an extra 40hp, bigger brakes and nice wheels.

As I said, if I was choosing between a VXR and a 1.4T LE now I probably buy the VXR but it is not sufficiently different or significantly powerful enough to swap the LE for, especially if I have mine mapped. Too expensive in my opinion for what you get. £22K would be enough to build another 4.6ltr V8 Land Rover so no brainer really. :-)
Pretty sure for 6/7k you could make a Corsa into something much faster than the VXR.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

LOL, to be fair Limey it wasn't so much the disappointing performance that made me change my mind about ordering one. It was the fact it looks too much like my LE.

I hoped it would have very different body kit and the nice features like VXR specific mirrors, light surrounds and a bespoke set of colours.

Most of the colours are already common on LE's. I do like stepdavi's VXR in the blue as that is the one unique VXR colour but would prefer a brighter colour myself like the mandarine orange available in Germany.

I'm hoping they will bring out a 'berg type special edition in a year or so and may then swap Dafny for it.

Edit: They also need to sort out a new engine as the emissions on the current VXR are poor so tax is high. Fuel economy is also poor compared with other cars of equal performance. I believe new Astra VXR will have lower emissions than the Corsa VXR! (when you are doing 20K miles a year economy is quite important!)
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes, true - that is also the main thing I noticed about it immediately. I was expecting to be impressed, like I was with the D VXR, how disappointed was I when I saw it though.

hendry

Post by hendry » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 pm

mud4fun wrote:LOL, to be fair Limey it wasn't so much the disappointing performance that made me change my mind about ordering one. It was the fact it looks too much like my LE.

I hoped it would have very different body kit and the nice features like VXR specific mirrors, light surrounds and a bespoke set of colours.

Most of the colours are already common on LE's. I do like stepdavi's VXR in the blue as that is the one unique VXR colour but would prefer a brighter colour myself like the mandarine orange available in Germany.

I'm hoping they will bring out a 'berg type special edition in a year or so and may then swap Dafny for it.

Edit: They also need to sort out a new engine as the emissions on the current VXR are poor so tax is high. Fuel economy is also poor compared with other cars of equal performance. I believe new Astra VXR will have lower emissions than the Corsa VXR! (when you are doing 20K miles a year economy is quite important!)
The tax won't be that high or at least not any higher than any other car come 2017 when the taxation classes change and every car is £140 to tax for a year. I wholeheartedly agree on everything else youve said though. Maybe they'll be looking to produce a new engine for the VXR soon as the 1.6T engine has been around for at least 8 years now.
2015 Corsa E 1.4i 90PS ecoFLEX 3 Door SRi

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Oh dear, seems I upset the VXR owner....

Just laughing at the thread on VXRonline about this thread. Seems they are incapable of reading anything properly as my comments about the performance difference not being worth an extra £7K* got translated to my 1.4T is as fast as a VXR. Plonkers! :roll:

*plus the £2K? loss on my LE to trade it plus the extra VED and the naff economy of the VXR.

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:57 pm

With 7k work it could be plenty faster, and probably more appealing :lol:

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:01 pm

@Hendry yes but if the 2017 Vxr still puts out 174g CO2 it will be £800 in year 1!

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:22 am

LimeyUK wrote:With 7k work it could be plenty faster, and probably more appealing :lol:
True, and I'd still have fog lights and wouldn't have that silly fake bonnet air scoop :mrgreen:

Fog lights come in useful out here in the sticks especially yesterday morning at 4am when it was like pea soup. Can't believe they removed them off the VXR. I know they are not as necessary as they were on older vehicles because headlights now sit much lower anyway but they still help alot in dense fog.

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:20 am

For 22k I'd brought a fiesta st or saved extra for a type r. Wouldn't own a vxr as much as they look nice I'd see there be more trouble.

stepdavi

Post by stepdavi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm a current vxr owner until end of week cause I want a practical car. I've owned it for year and enjoyed it completely. Fiesta st s are slower cars. Honda type r s are more Astra vxr than corsa territory. It's easy to say so and so is better or this and that is bad on vxr but as a B road point and squirt car not much beats it

Return to “Members Gallery”