Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

After Market HU

18K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  M400WST 
#1 ·
I bought my 2015 Corsa E 1.4. Eco last month and was not impressed with the R3.0 Intellilink unit. I was toying with the idea of replacing this with a Android HU but the Facia and steering wheel interface was £199 on its own so decided to go into developer mode to try to access mirrorlink. Like a complete KNOB I bricked my unit which forced me to go with the above idea. Funny how things were meant to be.

I opted for the Xtrons TD702AB which cost me £189 off ebay and I got the Facia kit/Steering Wheel interface from Halfords (they price matched the internet at £199). Halfords also fitted it for me for a miserly £30 (took them 3hrs...lol).

Anyway I am well chuffed with the results. What do you think? Note: The interior is Red but the light makes it look Orange.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Jarviser said:
Cool! Lots of apps displayed. How much of it communicates with phone e.g Google Maps is it mirrored or stand-alone. And if stand-alone how does it communicate with Internet?
It is Wifi and 3G enabled (although you need to purchase 3G dongle). I just tether from my phone hotspot. It also has GPS so I just download Satnav from Goole Play. You can mirror through either USB or Wifi. You can play your music through either bluetooth or through USB/SD and phone cnnect via bluetooth.

#19 ·
Not on the Corsa, but over the years I have on Fiat Bravo's, Ford Focus and Vauxhall Astra's.

I always found the hardest part was getting the fascias off. All you'll need is a connects2 kit that had the fascia adapter and the ISO adapter that converts the cars cabling to standard ISO and works with your steering wheel controls.

If you GPS and DAB aerials to run inside the car etc then budget a few hours to do the job properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.