My SRi VX-Line Detailed

Post pictures of your Corsa E here
mattb_srivx

My SRi VX-Line Detailed

Post by mattb_srivx » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Finally got round to detailing the Corsa now the weather is improving. I was actually shocked how bad it was considering it's age! So much bonded crap on the paint and tar spots galore. :lol:

Decontaminated the paint, polished by hand with AG SRP and applied two coats of Poorboys Nattys Red Paste Wax.

Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

worf105

Re: My SRi VX-Line Detailed

Post by worf105 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 am

Looking good mattb_srivx Its worth putting the time and effort in to detailing your car and the end results show it.
Corsa 3dr Energy 1.4i (90PS) Ecoflex in Royal Blue

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Looks pretty good to me! I had an email from Autoglym the other day funnily enough, as I can't use Ultra Deep Shine on my Persial Blue paintwork, as it's too light a colour for the polish. They suggested using SRP as you have done, followed by a coat of Extra Gloss Protection to seal it....have you had any experience of this product and/or combination?

Rachael
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah it's come up well, I should have clayed it really there was loads of bonded tar spots and the like all over the car which I was surprised at given it's age and mileage. Took me about 2 hours just to remove all them using some bug and tar remover lol.

The SRP is very good for an apply by hand polish. It will remove and mask minor defects in the clear coat prior to applying a last step sealant and/or wax.

I've used the EGP before and it's pretty good in terms of durability, however it's not on/off you have to let it cure on the paint for a good 45mins-1 hour before buffing off. It's something I tend to use for the winter months as it's more durable than paste/carnauba waxes but not quite as good in terms of the wet/depth finish that waxes give

A bonus is you can layer a wax on top of EGP (or any other synthetic sealant) to get the best of both worlds. Two coats of EGP spaced over a couple of days and a layer of paste wax should protect the paint for the winter months so long as you don't use harsh chemicals to wash the car with (talking coin operated jet washes and the like).
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

pt2909

Post by pt2909 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Looking Good
I Love These in Magma Red
I have used Autoglym's HD Wax on Ours right from the beginning

20170521_192055.jpg

Return to “Members Gallery”