Corsa E SRI 1.4 Turbo - Silver

Post pictures of your Corsa E here
liverpaul

Re: Corsa E SRI 1.4 Turbo - Silver

Post by liverpaul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 am

Exactly as I have grease marks on there now. Do you thunk bumper shine will work or wd40?

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Yeah, I have finger prints in mine too. Not sure what to use. Will probably try a very mild fairy liquid solution to clean it off. It doesn't seem to like being waxed either so avoid getting wax on when doing the rest of the car.
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:57 am

Do you know if I can give a certain Program on a laptop or pc more cpu? I found an option few days ago and was wondering if that would speed the program up. I need my go pro app to render quicker, I know the laptop has to be quick but it's a forever process. I got some brilliant turbo action last night but can't get in just yet as its in a 5 video que

mud4fun

Post by mud4fun » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 am

Both the graphics card and the video editor normally have a setting to prioritise foreground tasks. Make sure you have that set to 100% foreground and don't do anything else while the video is rendering.

Laptops are never the best for video editing as they have poor disks and graphics cards. We do lots of video editing on our PC. We use windows movie maker to edit the video. We used to use a professional editor called pinnacle studio pro but for what we need, movie maker works fine and renders 10 times faster than pinnacle! We use a piece of software from iSkysoft to convert from mp4 to wmp and back. The iskysoft software allows us to set the size, video and audio quality.

A one hour completed movie normally takes about 5mins to render the file.

Our PC is a twin processor motherboard, 8gb RAM, 3 terrabytes of disk space and the graphics card is a beefy unit too. It has oil cooling as well as 16 thermostatically controlled fans to keep it cool. Video editing is intensive and as the CPU, memory and graphics processor heats up it becomes slow. Laptops do not have good cooling so suffer poor performance. Our PC was built specifically for video editing as we do lots of videos of the kids to send to my parents who live 400miles away so don't get to see their grandchildren that often. It cost about £800 to build myself in parts (mostly ASUS) and £400 in software.

If you really get into video editing I would recommend saving up for a PC geared up to the task, makes a huge difference to the time involved and makes the process pleasurable rather than tedious! :-)
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:11 am

Ok thanks. Atm it's simple editing to get used to it and I don't want spend hours if the video isn't going to make money. This month my corsa videos and fifa videos have gave me 22 extra subscribers and many views. Videos I took two hours to make haven't received no more then 10 views.

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Long time that I've posted on this part.

So...
Wednesday 13th January I had my first service done. I'd covered 6900 odd miles and my oil life was 9% when I got there. The car for a week had been a bit slouchy and wouldn't move as such. Yesterday was the first day since it's service and it seriously has changed it feels like a different motor. I asked if my 2ND gear could have a look at due to it making crunches each time. They said the gear cables had been adjusted and there happy with it. ( gear cables? Never heard of it, clutch cable year). Was fine on drive home but it's back along with the squeaky clutch pedal noise. They said if it fails there put it up and uave a look underneath and give me a courtesy car. Last time I got a 1 litre corsa d so I might decline this time lol.

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Mine was in the dealers at the end of December and they gave me a 1.4n/a 64 plate Excite.
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:01 pm

LeachiE wrote:Mine was in the dealers at the end of December and they gave me a 1.4n/a 64 plate Excite.
Better then what I had then. Made me think how I owned the corsa d. Such poor car but I like the new front it had.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 pm

I got w Corsa E Ltd Edition 1.0L turbo haha as a courtesy car so presumably they'd give me similar if it went back in, I'm sure they don't even have Corsa D's at the garage I went to
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

liverpaul

Post by liverpaul » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Well I thought that and they gave me it still lol I looked around and see all these new corsa e's so I was like cool hope I get a 1l turbo to try out then I see the car and was embarrassed. It had only 22k I think and my 97 civic previous sounded and had better clutch then this car did.
Never do I want to step into this car again unless it's for my YouTube channel, in that case I will.

Return to “Members Gallery”