Creaking noises!

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
AnotherCorsa

Re: Creaking noises!

Post by AnotherCorsa » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Well Vauxhall (the retarded robot so called mechanics) finally fixed this for me by lubricating some cables & brackets. In-case anyone else has it.

srihaggis

Post by srihaggis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm

it'll come back after a few weeks/months. When I got rid of mine it still did it in the early hours. gave up chasing VX to sort it in the end and deemed it a characteristic of the type.
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Just to bump this thread again - has anyone else had this, or anyone who had it got it fixed? If so, what was the final problem deemed to be?

I've noticed that mine has been doing it again now the temperature is a bit cooler in the mornings - it's in for a service tomorrow so will mention it again to them, but was wondering if anyone got a successful outcome with this in the end?

Rach
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

AnotherCorsa

Post by AnotherCorsa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 pm

srihaggis wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm
it'll come back after a few weeks/months. When I got rid of mine it still did it in the early hours. gave up chasing VX to sort it in the end and deemed it a characteristic of the type.
They lubricated the brackets and cables for the gear selector and it stopped my creeking noise so if it comes back, i'll lube it up again. :D

Hi Moog70 - The noise you're hearing and feeling through the gear stick when pulling away is most likely only some dry gear selector cables like mine was.

You need to know where the noise is coming from, if it's what I think it is then the noise will sound like it's coming from underneath the car or from the engine bay are (and not the clutch pedal area)

You will definitely feel it also through the gear stick.

The noise from mine was hideous and I thought it was some suspension part failing and ready to collapse every time I went to pull away :lol:

In my previous post, I said that they lubricated some cables and brackets and I have not heard any noise from it since.

I have given you a pic below of where they lubricated mine if you'd like to show them and I hope it solves it for yours.

Pretty much underneath the gear stick.

Cheers.

Rosebud76

Post by Rosebud76 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I am having this issue and my local Vauxhall where I bought my new car from a year ago are now saying they cant hear anything. bit of history with this car. Had it just 12 months, in that time its had a new 1st and 2nd gear selector fork, a new clutch and alternator.Can anyone help.

Rosebud76

Post by Rosebud76 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:44 pm

I have a 2017 corsa 1.4 SRI. I am having this issue and my local Vauxhall where I bought my new car from a year ago are now saying they cant hear anything. bit of history with this car. Had it just 12 months, in that time its had a new 1st and 2nd gear selector fork, a new clutch and alternator.Can anyone help.

Mike900

Post by Mike900 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:19 pm

AnotherCorsa wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 pm
srihaggis wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm
They lubricated the brackets and cables for the gear selector and it stopped my creeking noise so if it comes back, i'll lube it up again. :D

Hi Moog70 - The noise you're hearing and feeling through the gear stick when pulling away is most likely only some dry gear selector cables like mine was.

You need to know where the noise is coming from, if it's what I think it is then the noise will sound like it's coming from underneath the car or from the engine bay are (and not the clutch pedal area)

You will definitely feel it also through the gear stick.

The noise from mine was hideous and I thought it was some suspension part failing and ready to collapse every time I went to pull away :lol:

In my previous post, I said that they lubricated some cables and brackets and I have not heard any noise from it since.

I have given you a pic below of where they lubricated mine if you'd like to show them and I hope it solves it for yours.

Pretty much underneath the gear stick.

Cheers.

Hello, well its been a few months and i have not heard the noise! Then soon as weather starts to turn ive heard it come back again!
Any1 had any more luck trying to sort this?

I have just done the above with putting some grease around this block, not the best to get access to but covered it anyway so will see if this does anything.......

Return to “Faults & Technical”