Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Creaking noises!

24K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  User0511 
#1 ·
Hi All,

A strange one. I have a 1.4T with approx. 2k miles and yesterday when pulling away from cold in 1st and 2nd gear there is an audible noise that sounds like 'creaking' and you can also feel a bit of vibration on the gearstick. This disappears when the car warms up and is only when pulling away. Any suggestions? It's going for a check in just over a week but trying to explain this sort of thing at the dealer can be difficult!

Cheers.

#2 ·
I've had the same fault. Book car in with VX. There is a component that needs replacing in the clutch/pedal. Will be warranty work as there is a service note for this to be sorted. I've not had it come back since being fixed 3 weeks ago.

#5 ·
I've got this, it's been in to vx for fixing twice now and they keep giving me it back saying that it's fixed and tested ok lol, I pick it up and it's creaking away hapily as soon as I pull away. Hopefully someone here will say what needs replacing and i'll tell these clowns at vx what the problem is.

#7 ·
All they done was grease the clutch pedal spring :roll: - even although it's a creaking noise from underneath the car/engine bay. :|

They did change an engine mount to "fix" another problem of droning wheels :shock: and claimed the creaking noise was also fixed but nope it wasn't.

It's on/off for me too but it's mostly on and I did go for a test drive with a technician, he agreed he could feel and hear the creaking noise and there was something wrong. (So maybe ask for a test drive too)

As I said, it's been back at VX a couple of times for this and a couple of other things like a broken window regulator that makes the door rattle (they did fix that).

But this creaking noise remains. I go pick it up, get in and pull away and it's still creaking away like always :oops:

I personally think that it might be suspension related, like a busted bush somewhere or a failing top mount or - something causing this dry creaking noise. I don't think it's a gearbox/clutch issue tbh or maybe there's something wrong on the engine end of the gear linkage arm but I am not a mechanic.

If yours gets fixed post up what was wrong if you will, would help me out a lot so I can point vx in the right direction.

#9 ·
Another 1.4T owner here with the same problem. I thought that it might be a loose heat shield initially, but dealer claims that they couldn't replicate the noise.mits been doing it on and off since last September.

#11 ·
Mike900 said:
I will do, been doing it last couple days and this morning nothing! Still going to take it in and hopfully it does it when i need it to. Do you get the vibration through the gear stick aswel?
Yeah I can feel the creaking though the gear stick when pulling away in 1st. :cry:

Moog70 said:
Another 1.4T owner here with the same problem. I thought that it might be a loose heat shield initially, but dealer claims that they couldn't replicate the noise.mits been doing it on and off since last September.
I forgot that vx adjusted the heat shield on mine too to fix this, but wasn't fixed.

#12 ·
Well ive got me car back from vauxhall, i tried to explain what the problem was and they said they would have a look, got a call saying there was somthing wrong and have done the following, adjusted gear cables. So im hoping it will sort it..... But only time will tell im not to sure tho

#14 ·
Mike900 said:
Well ive got me car back from vauxhall, i tried to explain what the problem was and they said they would have a look, got a call saying there was somthing wrong and have done the following, adjusted gear cables. So im hoping it will sort it..... But only time will tell im not to sure tho
So they think it's an issue of the engine end of the gear selector then. Hope that will fix it for you, I'll keep an eye on this topic if you'll update it if it's fixed then i'll throw mine at vx once again lol thanks for updating.

#18 ·
calister said:
Hi all

My 1.4 energy had a clutch squeek (in the 1st year). The clutch would squeek when pushed
The Vx dealer new immediatly what it was they greased the pedal linkage ?.Perfect after that.

1.4 2016 Energy 5 Door 75ps ecoflex ac Magma Red - & Intelilink R4.0
That's just a common squeaky clutch spring and yes they will grease it to stop that squeaking when you're pressing/releasing the clutch, this topic is more about a creaking noise from underneath the car / engine bay when the car reaches the biting point.

#20 ·
So, how's yours now? :D

Mine is actually getting worse lol I like actually hate this car tbh.

I used to feel it/hear it only pulling away in 1st then again in 2nd but now it's evident through all the gears after the clutch is loading up.

I swear it's something like a top mount or another suspension part as I swear I heard some creeking when turning from left lock to right lock. :-(

I'll keep waiting until it's totally unbearable cause it's a total waste of time giving it to Vauxhall while it's "not happening all the time" and that they don't give a shit.

This creeking noise, these wheels droning noise at any speed, contact rattles/squeeks in the doors and panels *sigh* honestly want to set this shit car on fire. even more so since it's been in to Vauxhall 3 times and nothing got fixed :cry:

#23 ·
Just to bump this thread again - has anyone else had this, or anyone who had it got it fixed? If so, what was the final problem deemed to be?

I've noticed that mine has been doing it again now the temperature is a bit cooler in the mornings - it's in for a service tomorrow so will mention it again to them, but was wondering if anyone got a successful outcome with this in the end?

Rach

#24 ·
srihaggis said:
it'll come back after a few weeks/months. When I got rid of mine it still did it in the early hours. gave up chasing VX to sort it in the end and deemed it a characteristic of the type.
They lubricated the brackets and cables for the gear selector and it stopped my creeking noise so if it comes back, i'll lube it up again. :D

Hi Moog70 - The noise you're hearing and feeling through the gear stick when pulling away is most likely only some dry gear selector cables like mine was.

You need to know where the noise is coming from, if it's what I think it is then the noise will sound like it's coming from underneath the car or from the engine bay are (and not the clutch pedal area)

You will definitely feel it also through the gear stick.

The noise from mine was hideous and I thought it was some suspension part failing and ready to collapse every time I went to pull away :lol:

In my previous post, I said that they lubricated some cables and brackets and I have not heard any noise from it since.

I have given you a pic below of where they lubricated mine if you'd like to show them and I hope it solves it for yours.

Pretty much underneath the gear stick.

Cheers.

#25 ·
I am having this issue and my local Vauxhall where I bought my new car from a year ago are now saying they cant hear anything. bit of history with this car. Had it just 12 months, in that time its had a new 1st and 2nd gear selector fork, a new clutch and alternator.Can anyone help.

#26 ·
I have a 2017 corsa 1.4 SRI. I am having this issue and my local Vauxhall where I bought my new car from a year ago are now saying they cant hear anything. bit of history with this car. Had it just 12 months, in that time its had a new 1st and 2nd gear selector fork, a new clutch and alternator.Can anyone help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.