Creaking noises!

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
AnotherCorsa

Re: Creaking noises!

Post by AnotherCorsa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Mike900 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 am
I will do, been doing it last couple days and this morning nothing! Still going to take it in and hopfully it does it when i need it to. Do you get the vibration through the gear stick aswel?
Yeah I can feel the creaking though the gear stick when pulling away in 1st. :cry:
Moog70 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am
Another 1.4T owner here with the same problem. I thought that it might be a loose heat shield initially, but dealer claims that they couldn't replicate the noise.mits been doing it on and off since last September.
I forgot that vx adjusted the heat shield on mine too to fix this, but wasn't fixed.

Mike900

Post by Mike900 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Well ive got me car back from vauxhall, i tried to explain what the problem was and they said they would have a look, got a call saying there was somthing wrong and have done the following, adjusted gear cables. So im hoping it will sort it..... But only time will tell im not to sure tho

baloki

Post by baloki » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 am

Seeems to be weather related for me, when it’s colder it does it like mad, but when it’s warmed up or the temps warmer it happens less.

AnotherCorsa

Post by AnotherCorsa » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:03 am

Mike900 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:49 pm
Well ive got me car back from vauxhall, i tried to explain what the problem was and they said they would have a look, got a call saying there was somthing wrong and have done the following, adjusted gear cables. So im hoping it will sort it..... But only time will tell im not to sure tho
So they think it's an issue of the engine end of the gear selector then. Hope that will fix it for you, I'll keep an eye on this topic if you'll update it if it's fixed then i'll throw mine at vx once again lol thanks for updating.

Moog70

Post by Moog70 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 am

Yes, I'm also watching this thread in earnest.

Rach
Current - MY17 1.4T Energy 3 Door Persian Blue (with now useless heated steering wheel)
Gone - MY15 1.4i Excite 3 Door Deep Sea Blue (with brilliant heated steering wheel)

Mike900

Post by Mike900 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 am

Il keep you updated with how things go, 2 days and nothing yet so we will see, im still not sure its the right fix but i could be wrong. Anyone else please feel free to jump in and say what vx has done to try and fix yours :D

calister

Post by calister » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi all

My 1.4 energy had a clutch squeek (in the 1st year). The clutch would squeek when pushed
The Vx dealer new immediatly what it was they greased the pedal linkage ?.Perfect after that.

1.4 2016 Energy 5 Door 75ps ecoflex ac Magma Red - & Intelilink R4.0

AnotherCorsa

Post by AnotherCorsa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 am

calister wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm
Hi all

My 1.4 energy had a clutch squeek (in the 1st year). The clutch would squeek when pushed
The Vx dealer new immediatly what it was they greased the pedal linkage ?.Perfect after that.

1.4 2016 Energy 5 Door 75ps ecoflex ac Magma Red - & Intelilink R4.0
That's just a common squeaky clutch spring and yes they will grease it to stop that squeaking when you're pressing/releasing the clutch, this topic is more about a creaking noise from underneath the car / engine bay when the car reaches the biting point.

Mike900

Post by Mike900 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 am

Well its almost been 4 weeks, but it done it again this morning not as bad as before but can still hear/feel it. So im not sure what im going to do might leave it and see if it gets worse instead of just taking it back and saying it doesnt do it all the time

AnotherCorsa

Post by AnotherCorsa » Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm

So, how's yours now? :D

Mine is actually getting worse lol I like actually hate this car tbh.

I used to feel it/hear it only pulling away in 1st then again in 2nd but now it's evident through all the gears after the clutch is loading up.

I swear it's something like a top mount or another suspension part as I swear I heard some creeking when turning from left lock to right lock. :-(

I'll keep waiting until it's totally unbearable cause it's a total waste of time giving it to Vauxhall while it's "not happening all the time" and that they don't give a shit.

This creeking noise, these wheels droning noise at any speed, contact rattles/squeeks in the doors and panels *sigh* honestly want to set this shit car on fire. even more so since it's been in to Vauxhall 3 times and nothing got fixed :cry:

Return to “Faults & Technical”