Recall: Park Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
srihaggis

Recall: Park Assist

Post by srihaggis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Received a letter this morning stating some Vauxhall Adam& Corsa's are affected by "Service Park Assist" flashing up on the screen intermittently.
Certainly this has happened on mine and even happened when I first got the car when the sales person was showing me round it!

The rework will be carried out free of charge by reinstalling a new version of park assist software.
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

Hervii

Re: Recall: Park Assist

Post by Hervii » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Hi srihaggis,

Don't suppose you have a picture of this letter or any more information on the letter? I know this is quite late but I am having the same issue with my Vauxhall Corsa limited edition 1.4T.

The worst part is that the main dealership said I have to pay for the software update to which they said I will have to come in and speak to the reception about this, even though at my last service and diagnostic, this should have been done complimentary.

If you do have anything, please let me know,

Thanks

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:17 pm

This link below will let you check for recalls. You need to enter your VIN

https://my.gm.com/recalls

Hervii

Post by Hervii » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Had a look on there but it's saying there are no open recalls for my vehicle. But every other person on this forum, who had the same issue, is saying it's a software update according to the dealerships.

I have contacted the dealer but don't want them to start saying it's going to cost me. The vehicle is under 6 years old so it should be covered under the sales of goods act, and the software updates should be done complementary according to lookers Vauxhall website.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Try ringing VX Customer Services on 0800 026 0034 as they should know as they will issue instructions to the dealerships