Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

My 2015 Vauxhall corsa developed a misfire

23K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  chemistman 
#1 ·
Recently my 2015 Vauxhall corsa has developed a misfire while accelerating. When Idleing it's fine and when I rev the car when it's just sitting there it will fire through the rev rang perfectly fine. I feel like it may be file related but I have no clue and could do with some help.

#6 ·
2015 model is still under warranty - just get it booked in to be seen to. Least then they will have the fault on record that it points to a time whereby it was reported within the warranty period.

#14 ·
My 2015 corsa 1.4 just started to develop a slight misfire. It was serviced in April. and had new spark plugs. So I would think it stands a good chance of it being the coil pack. Been looking at different makes . HAAS or Delphi. Delphi got better reviews so looking at buying them. any ideas of which make would be best .

#17 ·
Its a 20 minute job. Just disconnect the end plug (there is a small slider that locks the plug in place that needs to be moved first), undo the bolts holding the coil pack in place and pull it out (two bolts of the correct size screwed into the securing holes in the coil pack will help to give you the pull). Examine the holes where the plugs are screwed into for corrosion and clean if necessary. Reverse the procedure to fit the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.