Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Wind screen wash jets not working?

22K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  djingo 
#1 ·
Hi guys, so recently my windscreen wash jets stopped working (front and back at the same time) ive checked the water/screenwash which is full and also poked into the nozzles to check for blockage. Also when I activate it, it no longer makes the whirring noise its completly silent. Ive been told it could be a dead fuse but wantes to get you guys opinion. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
In order of probability:

* Pump Fuse (could have blown in the cold snap, if the windscreen wash froze and somebody attempted to operate it)
* Loose wire coupling
* Corroded coupling
* Faulty switch in the dashboard (this one could be on the expensive side to replace)
* Faulty relay
* Faulty pump

Pump can be rigged to the battery to see if it comes alive, but if you are not handy around electrical/mechanical stuff i'd not risk it.

An easier job is replacing the fuse (location and Amps are in the car's manual, replace only with same size/rating). If replacing the fuse didn't help (or if it blew immediately upon triggering the pump), I'd say to get the car into a service for a diagnostic.

#6 ·
Hi guys,

Same issue here and same symptoms as the OP:

Front and rear stopped at the same time which I think eliminates the possibility of simultaneous blocking of nozzles.

Pump makes noise when operated but no water comes out. Poking nozzles with a needle didn't change anything.

I've read on Corsa D there's a washer filter/screen where the pump connects to that can get easily clogged. Followed instructions from an online video for a Corsa D, not identical setup but similar, however when I got to the pump, i could only push up a few mm but it wouldn't free itself from where it rests no matter what. Used a flat screwdriver as a lever arm, no success plus it dented the bottle slightly. Even thought of jacking it up using some piece of wood but I am afraid I will break something as it didn't feel it should be pushed more.

Pic of where I am trying to push:

Any ideas please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.