Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

Leak at rear of corsa

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  srihaggis 
#1 ·
Automotive tire Felidae Reptile Scaled reptile Vehicle door
Hi

I noticed a leak under my car yesterday at the rear driver side underneath next to exhaust. I have attached the photo. Any ideas what is leaking.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a prolonged build up of brake dust / general road crud followed by a leaking damper/shock absorber. If you have some tools, swap the shock absorber out your self. Easy to do. Look on youtube on how to swap them out. Euro car parts suggest a price between £70-90 per side. it is advisable to do both sides at the same time. Although not necessary, I personally would also change the rear coil springs at the same time to even the load of the shocks, or they'll be doing more work if the springs are old and not as firm as they were when new, eg lost their bounce.

#7 ·
This is the back end of my Corsa D... which is 10 years old this year, 87k miles.
Have you tried wire brushing the surface to see what you actually have underneath? the only consolation I could say is, if it is rust and it is at risk of failing, at least it's a replacable part and not a structual part of the vehicle.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.