Spare key..

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Craigo

Spare key..

Post by Craigo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 am

So recently I've stupidly ended up with my main car key in the wash. 🙈🙈

So i dug my spare key out, but when I've gone to use it alot of the characteristics of the main key aren't there.

For example, i put my key in ignition and everything boots up apart from 3 out of 4 speakers. Only the rear drivers side speaker works. When pulling my key out the doors aren't unlocking and a couple others i cant remember but arent much og an issue as those two

It's mainly the speaker issue that does my nut in.

Is this a normal characteristic for the spare key or will it be needing a new battery? (cant see this with it being only two years old but hey) it's the flippy spare key not the simple button type.

Cheers

M400WST

Re: Spare key..

Post by M400WST » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am

Without going out to my car, does the intellilink have a graphic equalizer so you can turn certain speakers off or all volume left to right on the front and rear?

The key associates to quite a lot of settings including radio favourites etc
2018 Vauxhall Corsa E 1.4T 100 Energy - Adapted by Opel Scanner
2011 Porsche Boxster 2.9 PDK

paul04

Post by paul04 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

I believe you can program the keys to do different things, say if two people drive the car, both can have different settings, like stored radio stations, radio settings, cruise control and so on,
I found this out when a friend picked my car up using the spare key, the radio was not tuned in, cruise control not set, auto wipers not on, she used the car for a few days, and did her own settings, when I got home and used the main key, all my settings were still there.

Craigo

Post by Craigo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Cheers guys, I've just finished work so ill be checking in a minute. Hopefully that's it. But its a bit weird the sound obly coming from the rear right speaker.

Ill get back to you

Marksparks

Post by Marksparks » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 pm

thats interestin as the wifes car the other day only has the rear offside speaker working... i just went into sttings and switched the others on, never even considered it may have been the spare key causing it?

Rabay1983

Post by Rabay1983 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Yes, I found this too - used my spare key and thought strange as I have the headlights set to come on when I open the car - and they didn’t plus radio settings different, each key has it’s own unique settings! Clever 😁

Return to “Faults & Technical”