AirCon and Air Recirculation

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
AndrewMon

AirCon and Air Recirculation

Post by AndrewMon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:20 pm

I have a 67 plate SRI and it works perfectly except for the fact that the air con and recirculation buttons will not work. I have checked all the relevant fuses and all working fine. Aircon comes on automatically to assist with screen-clearing so I know the aircon is functional however I cannot turn it on myself.

The air recirculation button also does not work at all, neither light up and the function doesn't work. Was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows a possible cause/solution?

MrMark

Re: AirCon and Air Recirculation

Post by MrMark » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 pm

With regards to the Air Recirculation button, in case you didnt already know, it will not operate when the blower direction is set to demist the windscreen.

Can you hear the engine note change when pressing the aircon button?
Could be that the LED in the button has blown..??

AndrewMon

Post by AndrewMon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Yeah I know that's the case but it will not turn on in any direction, there is not sound and the function does not work so it's defenitely not just the LED unfortunately

MrMark

Post by MrMark » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:30 pm

The air con is also relay controlled. I dont know which relay unfortunately, but its worth a google, and the service / user manual is available on the vauxhall website!

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm

The aircon doesn't come on automatically unless you press the button so how do you know if the aircon is working if the LED light doesn't come on

If the air recirculation does not work then chances are the aircon might not be working.

As it's a 67 plate you are still under manufacturers warranty so I would get it to a dealer to be checked out

astranomical

Post by astranomical » Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am

Did this ever get fixed? My wife has a 17 plate 1.4 LE which is now suffering the same problem. Nothing happens when you press the air conditioning button or air recirculation. The air conditioning compressor and fan runs when the airflow is directed to the windscreen but won't work when the button is pressed.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

astranomical wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am
Nothing happens when you press the air conditioning button or air recirculation. The air conditioning compressor and fan runs when the airflow is directed to the windscreen but won't work when the button is pressed.
Which button is not working

if it's the air recirculation then it will not work if you set the air flow direction to the windscreen and front doors

Check fuse 18 in the glove box

Go into the Intellilink settings and check vehicle Settings Air Conditioning Mode (page 107 user manual explains more)

astranomical

Post by astranomical » Thu May 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Rickardo wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm
astranomical wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am
Nothing happens when you press the air conditioning button or air recirculation. The air conditioning compressor and fan runs when the airflow is directed to the windscreen but won't work when the button is pressed.
Which button is not working

if it's the air recirculation then it will not work if you set the air flow direction to the windscreen and front doors

Check fuse 18 in the glove box

Go into the Intellilink settings and check vehicle Settings Air Conditioning Mode (page 107 user manual explains more)
Many thanks for your reply.

It was a dry contact on fuse 18 in the glove box, cleaned it up and the air conditioning and recirculation buttons work again.
Cheers. :D