Service Power steering / Service ESC / Loss of speedo

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
IanW

Service Power steering / Service ESC / Loss of speedo

Post by IanW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:59 pm

This may well be a long shot.. but maybe someone has a clue or who has had a similar issue...

We got a 67plate corsa E in Feb 2020. Didn't use it that much due to lock down.

Back in July it through a "Service ESC" message a few times garage looked at it and couldn't find anything.

A few weeks later after driving 30 miles or so it threw a "Service ESC", turned engine off and restarted and all cleared. On the return trip it did it again and then a bit later there was a "ding ding ding" warning sound with a "Service Power steering", followed by a loss of speedo and various other warnings.. before ending back up at "Service ESC". (all while driving along!) Local garage could find anything - they took it to a Vauxhall dealer who did various software upgrades etc drove it for a week and couldn't make it go wrong...

it did the whole thing again.. so local garage changed the coil pack (just to rule that out).

it then did it again (Service power steering, service esc, loss of speedo etc..) - so it went to a different Vauxhall dealer who couldn't find anything wrong but thankfully it had thrown the same stunt for the local garage while they were driving it to Vauxhall dealer - who insisted they escalate into Vauxhall techincal support. They said change instrument cluster (which was done)...

A few weeks past... and then it does it again... so back to Vauxhall.. this time dealer advised by Vauxhall to replace body control unit..

We had had it back a little over a week and as in Tier 4 have not really been anywhere.. but it threw a "Service ESC" 2 days ago.. then threw a "bing bing bing - Service power steering" which then changed to "Service ESC".. and then on the way home did the full on "bing bing bing", "Service Power steering" followed by ABS warning, loss of speedo and what looks like the dashboard going through the normal engine start routine.

When I have said surely there are fault codes that help diagnose this the garage says that none are being stored.

We are running out of time on the warranty! Anyone got any ideas of things that I should insist the dealer check ? or had something similar + got it resolved..?

MonsterDevon

Re: Service Power steering / Service ESC / Loss of speedo

Post by MonsterDevon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi there. I had the same issue and proceed with changing the evaporation control purge solenoid valve. I had the same issue a few months ago and had the same things as you said. I checked several things including the MAF sensor (cleaned it with MAF sensor cleaner) and other bits. Before I started spending money to fix it myself (not a garage as they would have changed so much unnecessary bits) I said to try first the cheapest "fix". What you need is BOSCH PETROL EVAPORATION CONTROL PURGE SOLENOID VALVE 55566514 NEW GM PART which can be bought from eBay brand new. Bear in mind that once you change this the error code has to be erased and the problem will be gone. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254142283425

Let me know how it goes as I am curious to find out the end.

MonsterDevon

Post by MonsterDevon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:42 pm

nemesis

Post by nemesis » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:50 am

I was told it was signs of a faulty/failing/low charged battery - had the battery checked - it failed the test. Charged battery for 7-8 hours not had the same lights come on yet.