Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner

1.4 Sting Difficult Starting

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  CorsaEleo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Got a 4 year old corsa 1.4 sting which is proving difficult to start in this cold weather. Car is turning over but is then really struggling and cuts out unless i put my foot down on accelerator. Connected the obd2 reader which didn't list any faults, however i had the coolant temp displayed which was fluctuating around the 48 degree mark. So it was reading that value even though car had been sat in cold overnight and not started previously. So i am thinking the temp sensor is faulty and telling ecu its warm when trying to start car in the cold. It looks like if your standing in front of bonnet that the temp sensor is on the right hand side of engine on radiator top pipe, then again the pipe on the bottom of rad runs to the engine block and there is another sensor on top of that part so i'm not sure which is temp sensor.

Any help appreciated.

Victor

#3 ·
Thanks, that confirms what I think was the faulty sensor on cylinder block coolant outlet. I think the item on the other side of engine is the thermostat but not sure what the wiring going into it is for, suppose could be some form of electrical control of thermostat.

I've ordered the sensor now for fitting next week.

Victor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.