Clutch Pedal

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Rickardo

Clutch Pedal

Post by Rickardo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Have an intermittent issue when driving

When depressing clutch pedal sometimes goes soft and I am unable to either get out of gear on in gear.

Does the Corsa have a hydraulic clutch system

Looking around on internet not giving me much help apart from clutch spring which I don't think it is

MrMark

Re: Clutch Pedal

Post by MrMark » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:57 pm

It is hydraulic. It runs off the brake fluid system.

Beaney

Post by Beaney » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm

Yes-definitely hydraulic. The brake fluid reservoir serves both the braking circuit as well as the clutch. Sounds to me as though you may have some air in the system and it could do with being bled. The clutch has its own bleed nipple. Good luck!

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Slave cylinder leaking which means gearbox out

@!@!:@!:!@:

Beaney

Post by Beaney » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:53 am

Mmm hadn't thought of that one. Oh dear not a good start to the year for you-vehicle wise. I recollect some Fiats I ran had the slave cylinder on top of the bell
housing so reasonably straightforward to get at!

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:14 pm

£850 lighter

chemistman

Post by chemistman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm

What was the problem in the end, and who did the work? I remember the days when you could go into Halfords and buy a set of brake or clutch cylinder repair kits containing all the seals and washers necessary - Lockheed if I remember correctly.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 pm

chemistman wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm
What was the problem in the end, and who did the work? I remember the days when you could go into Halfords and buy a set of brake or clutch cylinder repair kits containing all the seals and washers necessary - Lockheed if I remember correctly.
Clutch slave cylinder was leaking so had air in system and losing clutch pedal so unable to select gears although issue was intermittent but ultimately if left would get worse over time. Fortunately clutch was not contaminated otherwise that would have had to be replaced

This is not a servicable part so new unit cost me £200

Had it done at dealers charged 6 hours labour in total take/put gearbox in/out. Get 1 year guarantee for the repair/part

Had to take it back as found a bracket not fitted which turned out to be the reverse switch bracket which they fitted the same day and gave me a free MOT as a means of compensation

Luckily as in VX sevice club got discount othwerwise bill would have been over £1k