Vauxhall wheels

Wanted section. Corsa E / Vauxhall related items only please.
TheJ.D

Vauxhall wheels

Post by TheJ.D » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:57 am

I am looking for some genuine Vauxhall wheels for sale, ones with the sensors? Or can anyone suggest how I could get different wheels and still know my tire pressure would be much help thanks

Matthew

Re: Vauxhall wheels

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00 am

Apparently you can have any wheels you like you just need tpms sensor valves fitted to the tyre instead of a normal valve and calibrated to match the cars specifications?
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:01 am

TheJ.D wrote:I am looking for some genuine Vauxhall wheels for sale, ones with the sensors? Or can anyone suggest how I could get different wheels and still know my tire pressure would be much help thanks
Ask your dealer, or look at the vauxhall site.
Corsa E - Excite A/C with Black Alloys - 1.4 Turbo EcoFlex - Lime Green - 3 dr

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am

If your currnt wheels have the sensor valve stems you could use them as they are about 90 quid each. You dont say why your current wheels dont have them, or do they?

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

Matthew wrote:Apparently you can have any wheels you like you just need tpms sensor valves fitted to the tyre instead of a normal valve and calibrated to match the cars specifications?
Sounds about right.

As long as the TPMS Sensor is of the type that matches the one in the corsa, it'll be fine - it's just expensive!

anthony

Post by anthony » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:04 pm

maybe a stupid question, if for any reason or say later in life we need to get a new tyre do we have to get new sensor valves fitted?
as most tyre shops are just going to rip out the old valve with a pair of pincers and fit a standard valve. maybe something we all need to be where of

LimeyUK

Post by LimeyUK » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 am

anthony wrote:maybe a stupid question, if for any reason or say later in life we need to get a new tyre do we have to get new sensor valves fitted?
as most tyre shops are just going to rip out the old valve with a pair of pincers and fit a standard valve. maybe something we all need to be where of
Pretty sure the valve is fitted to the alloy, not the tyre.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:12 am

anthony wrote:maybe a stupid question, if for any reason or say later in life we need to get a new tyre do we have to get new sensor valves fitted?
Check out the Kwik Fit site I posted in another thread. Even they will "service" the sensors which includes a clean, corrosion check and possible new core of the non-corrosive metal. I did ask someone with the sensors to see if the visible part of the stem was alloy or rubber, but they should be fixed it with a nut, not squished in like the non sensors. There is normally a box on the back with a 5 year battery. Til I get mine I'll have to take a look at the dealers.
Edit: http://www.kwik-fit.com/tpms.asp
it won't stop some ape having a go with the pincers of course.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 am

They should be fitted to the alloy and you then can re-use them if you need a new tyre, they'll just pop the valve through in theory... But who knows!
1.4 White Limited Edition 3DR MY16

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 am

Has nobody got a pic of the inside of a factory alloy rim showing the unit?

These are Zafira/Astra ones.

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 11.12.22.jpg

Return to “Wanted”