Subwoofer

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
mattcranny4

Subwoofer

Post by mattcranny4 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi guys,

How easy is it to fit a sub to the already existing Intellilink 3.0? I think the tweeters are quite good in the Corsa it just lacks a bit of punch?

If it's a tough job, would someone perhaps be able to leave a link to a firm that might be able to carry it out ?

Matt :D

mattb_srivx

Re: Subwoofer

Post by mattb_srivx » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Some of these would work well with the standard system and you wouldn't be loosing any boot space. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/subwoof ... -sub-boxes

You're going to have to tap into probably the rear speaker wires for the signal mind as I can't see the intellilink having an RCA output. Means you won't have to mess about removing it but you will still need to run a power wire into the car.

They're not hard to fit but that being said only you know how handy you are with electronics and installs, if you've not done it before I'd probably pay someone to do it.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

mattcranny4

Post by mattcranny4 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Could the power for the sub be taken from a spare fuse in the fuse box? i.e. I don't have a sunroof so I could use that one?

Also, what do you mean by tapping into the rear speakers?

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 am

For the signal? You'll need to get an audio signal to the sub from the intellilink. The usual method is an RCA low level cable/input but the intellilink won't have the RCA ports. So you can use what they call a high level input which is basically the speaker wires, people usually take them from the rear.

You might be able to tap into the fuse box but you'd have to see what rating the sub is your looking at. Some of the larger ones can draw a lot of current so would blow the normal fuses. An underseat one might not be too bad but you'd still have to check the fuses are suitable for the load.
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

Return to “Modifications”