Affect of Mods on Insurance

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
Kieraan

Re: Affect of Mods on Insurance

Post by Kieraan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Jarviser wrote:
Yes but I was talking about the blue 501s in the advert. I have seen many cars with really blue sidelights and they are illegal, ditto under car blue lights, blue lights on screen washer jets whatever. Blue is for emergency services, period.
Ah right. The 501s in that ad I've used as reg plates bulbs and they do the same effect as the H7's (white light not blue) so all is good and well :D

What's the law regarding white lights under your car? You just gave me a really cool idea haha.
Corsa E Limited Edition 1.2 - White 3dr

anthony

Post by anthony » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:30 pm

no mention of air filters?

KingCraigx

Post by KingCraigx » Mon May 16, 2016 11:45 am

Unless you have fitted stupidly bright, high power non E marked bulbs in which case they are not road legal and your insurance won't cover them anyway ;)[/quote]

I got them from a link on here, they're not that bright though? Any chance you know if these are legal or not?

Image[/quote]

Are these bulbs good? As they seem to be a bit "cheap" & "generic" as I was looking at the Philips H7 bulbs but they are like triple the price of these.
White Corsa 1.4 N/A LE w/ Sports Pack // Ramair Intake // Cobra Sports Exhaust // Full LED & HID Conversion

Corsaguy12

Post by Corsaguy12 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:08 am

Does Tesco black box insurance allow modifications, in specific cat back exhaust mod.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Corsaguy12 wrote:Does Tesco black box insurance allow modifications, in specific cat back exhaust mod.
Read tescos Box T&C section 7(there's a pdf)

" Cover will not be granted to any car which:...
... has been modified in any way from the manufacturer’s standard specification (excluding manufacturer’s options
fitted at the time of original purchase).

http://www.tescobank.com/assets/section ... ster030516

You also can't usually modify a vehicle on pch or pcp. So check t&c if you have finance.

Return to “Modifications”