Affect of Mods on Insurance

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
mud4fun

Re: Affect of Mods on Insurance

Post by mud4fun » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 pm

joeboy wrote:
Kieraan wrote:Do you have to declare new bulbs for your front lights and reg lights? I've fitted some brighter bulbs and I dunno if that counts as light changes as people must change bulbs all the time when they break?
No, that will be fine.
Unless you have fitted stupidly bright, high power non E marked bulbs in which case they are not road legal and your insurance won't cover them anyway ;)
Dafny - 3dr LE 1.4T in Limelight Green

Kieraan

Post by Kieraan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:12 pm

mud4fun wrote:
joeboy wrote:
Kieraan wrote:Do you have to declare new bulbs for your front lights and reg lights? I've fitted some brighter bulbs and I dunno if that counts as light changes as people must change bulbs all the time when they break?
No, that will be fine.
Unless you have fitted stupidly bright, high power non E marked bulbs in which case they are not road legal and your insurance won't cover them anyway ;)
I got them from a link on here, they're not that bright though? Any chance you know if these are legal or not?

Corsa E Limited Edition 1.2 - White 3dr

joeboy

Post by joeboy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:55 pm

The bulbs are legal.

I have the same ones on my car,

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Just wondering how changing seats and the steering wheel warrants an increase of 16% for each!!
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:22 pm

joeboy wrote:The bulbs are legal.

The headlights may be legal if the effect is to take the yellowness out to form a pure white light, but the blue sidelights are definitely illegal under the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

LeachiE wrote:Just wondering how changing seats and the steering wheel warrants an increase of 16% for each!!
It's purely statistics. the vehicles with this kind of mod statistically have more accidents according to their records going back years.

Plus a steering wheel is no longer just a round thing with a boss and nut. (Unless its a Land Rover of course.)
Last edited by Jarviser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kieraan

Post by Kieraan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Jarviser wrote:

The headlights may be legal if the effect is to take the yellowness out to form a pure white light, but the blue sidelights are definitely illegal under the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989.
Don't the DRL LED's dim to be the sidelights and then you have the two H7 bulbs for dipped/main beam lights?
Corsa E Limited Edition 1.2 - White 3dr

joeboy

Post by joeboy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Jarviser wrote:

The sidelights produce a white light.

They are E marked.

Jarviser

Post by Jarviser » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 pm

Kieraan wrote:
Jarviser wrote:

Don't the DRL LED's dim to be the sidelights and then you have the two H7 bulbs for dipped/main beam lights?
Yes but I was talking about the blue 501s in the advert. I have seen many cars with really blue sidelights and they are illegal, ditto under car blue lights, blue lights on screen washer jets whatever. Blue is for emergency services, period.

SylvE

Post by SylvE » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:10 pm

I often wish my car had flashing blue lights - they would look cool with the white paint, lol! :D
SylvE - 5dr Energy 1.4T in shiny rock. 8-)

Return to “Modifications”